RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Totally Noob question, forgive me , please help

Paul Clark

Wanderer
Hi Folks
Totally new to RunUo, I have it installed and my server running fine. However, I dont know where to enter the script codes. Docs say type [help or [admin which I have done ingame, and also tried in the dos window.
Could someone please help and advise where or how I go to run my server.
Many thanks
Cate

Bittiez

Sorceror
Script files are located under the /scripts/ folder in your RunUO directory, I'm not entirely sure what your asking for here though.

Paul Clark

Wanderer
Hi
Im looking for advice on how to run admin commands.
On a lot of the docs here this is the comment Im seeing:- 'Hey man just log into your server and type........ [admin.....a gump will be displayed search around in there and you will find a "generate documentation" command. click that.', or :-

[admin --Opens the main administration system of the shard
[Add -- Adds an item, example [add itemname or simply [add to choose from a menu.
[Who -- Command to see who is online
[S -- Staff talk. Example [s hey guys
[Ban -- Bans the targeted Player For an amount of time chosen by you.
[Save -- Manually initiate world save
[Bank -- Open the targets bank box.
[Dupe -- Dupe an item
[Delete -- Remove an item
[Remove -- Remove an item
[Dismount -- Dismounts Target
[Flip -- Flip an items image.
[Kick -- kicks the player off the server
[Shavebeard -- Speaks for itself
[Shavehair -- Speaks for itself
[Squelch -- Stop annoying players from talking
[Wipe -- Wipe items in a box specified by cursor

Where do I type these commands?
Ive tried in game logged in, Ive tried the black dos/command prompt window, and cant assess any admin gump, or anything to admin my whole server/shard,
Thanks again

Paul Clark

Wanderer
Sorry folks please forget the post. Was totally a noob matter, as anticipated, I wasnt logging in with the exact correct admin owner and admin pass. Now up n running, sorry for wasting time:)

Safera

Page
Glad you figure it out!

There are a few other tools that I recommend for new administrators; they really help out:

1. GM Tool volume 1.1 once the script is installed, you call [GMTool in-game to access it. [GMTool is useful to lock and unlock items, travel, move individual pieces in game, etc.
  2. Nerun's Distro for RunUO 2.2 is a spawner system to create a fully spawned map.
  3. Joeku's Staff Toolbar creates a toolbar on which you can add commands.
  4. Joeku's Staff Runebook comes with basic pre-loaded rune locations or you can categorize and add new locations.