RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[2.x] Town House Landscaping Tool

Dian

Sorceror
This is a landscaping tool meant to be used with: Knives' Town House package.

It allows a player do dig in their yard, and change the land tiles to dirt, grass, snow, water, and even create paths!

There are two items that make this work;

The Ground Tile Item is a dirt tile item that the player places on the ground and locks down.

The Tool is a standard shovel item, (you can change it to whatever you like in the script) that is used to target the land tile you wish to landscape.

When the player has the tool, and some Ground Tile Items, they first lock down the ground tiles outside (or inside), then by using the tool and targeting the ground tile, a gump pop's up with a variety of different 'land tiles' to choose from. There are even some transition tiles to be used to create paths, and water and water edge tiles, to create ponds or streams!

This is a working system, however still has much room to expand on some land tile types. I created this some time ago, and it has somewhat been abandoned for updates and expansion. So please feel free to modify and build to this, and re-submit your changes and/or additions! I really was not totally satisfied with the gump, but never took the time to improve it.

Hope you guys like it, the credit go's to the wife for the idea, and she has used it quite a bit. I will add, this has not been tested beyond ourselves, so be warned of potential bugs I have not considered, and let me know. I am actually more or less hoping someone will like it enough to spend some time improving it ;)

Attachments

• TownHouse_Landscaper.rar
    4 KB · Views: 35

shtoink

Sorceror
This looks great. Im sure the wife and kids can get some use out of this. Ill report back any errors after i install tomorrow.

dazedmouse

Sorceror
First players cant lock the groundtile item outside their houses on the ground.... and they when targeted it says it is inacessible...

dazedmouse

Sorceror
First players cant lock the groundtile item outside their houses on the ground.... and they when targeted it says it is inacessible...

Dian

Sorceror
Do you have Knives' Town House package installed?

If you are just using the standard distro housing system, then your right, players cant lock down outside. This is why I opened the post with "This is a landscaping tool to be used with Knives' Town House package."

*edit

To expand on this, with the town house package installed, you can set up any size of area for a player as a house property. This will allow not only the house, but the area (yard) around the house that is setup. With this, your player can then lock items down outside the house, within the house's boundary.... like, these landscaping items :)