RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Town Ranges

barer666

Sorceror
ok so I looked through the forum and couldn't find the answer.

I have created my own server and was messing around on it to check drops and spawns. I was casting spells and killing stuff when I tried to summon a daemon. it says I cant summon it in town. the problem is I wasn't in the town. I tried summoning different creatures in fal, tram, and malas and it all had the same result. is there any commands or scripts that can fix my problem with the town ranges/bounderies.

(side note it says im no longer guarded when I leave towns don't know if that changes things)

_Epila_

Sorceror
Britain is a incredible huge town region, if you're really far from Britain and it does not work, try casting in a dungeon, if it does not work, check your recent changes to the scripts

rtaylor1987

Sorceror
Can you give me the exact x/y/z coords of where you're casting? I'd like to look into this myself.

Have you changed anything with your regions definitions, or any spellcasting scripts? What modifications have you made, if any?

barer666

Sorceror
i tried casting in Wrong and it still didn't work. the only thing i changed in my scripts was starting items and when i replaced those scripts with the my backups on a clean RunUO file and it still didn't work... i haven't messed with regions or spells hence the confusion.

rtaylor1987

Sorceror
Barer, does this only happen with Summon Daemon? What about other town-restricted spells, such as Earthquake, Meteor Swarm, or other summons?

barer666

Sorceror
No I tried the elementals and vortexs and blades with the same result. Other spells like earthquake still worked but outside of town, not in it. summon familiar necro spells work, just checking if it was because of the properties of having a summon.

I made a different server and everything works on it perfectly fine. did this to make sure it wasn't my computer.....

nevermind I figured out what was wrong... apparently one of the scripts my friends were making to create new spells/spellbook messed something up. I didn't think of it before cause they said they didn't change to the spells and our spells have a separate script.cs. but I updated my repository anyways and one of them lied... sry for the waste of time guys (>.<; )