RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trammel to Felucca

Macil

Sorceror
Trammel to Felucca

I asked this in another forum a day or two ago and didn't have much luck getting a response I could really follow up on (sort of new to scripting). What I'd like to do is just make it so there is only one world that follows all Felucca's rules and such only it doesn't have bones and blood all over the place and all the trees look like they do in Trammel, heh. Which file exactly would I have to edit to do this?

stormwolff

Knight
For Felucca Online

One way

Open up all scripts that take people to trammel and take out trammel

public moongate
help gump
newbie help gump

Put this in and change your season to spring
http://www.runuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22766&highlight=season

I hear weather was going to be in beta 37 so the seasons might conflict with stuff in the future so if you use it learn how to take it out when you upgrade.

Kamron

Knight
It is not advised to actually remove the map. Although as stormwolff pointed out, you can disable all access to the map.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
XxSP1DERxX said:
It is not advised to actually remove the map. Although as stormwolff pointed out, you can disable all access to the map.

this is correct as Trammel map IS the Felucca map as well.

what Stormwolff said will work.

Macil

Sorceror
When I add the seasons script, the seasons don't stay how I set them. If I teleport elsewhere, or go through a gate, they go back to desolate, or the Felucca theme.

norelen

Wanderer
You can edit \Scripts\Misc\MapDefinitions.cs and make the changes there.

[code:1]RegisterMap( 0, 0, 0, 6144, 4096, 4, "Felucca", MapRules.FeluccaRules );
RegisterMap( 1, 1, 0, 6144, 4096, 0, "Trammel", MapRules.TrammelRules );
RegisterMap( 2, 2, 2, 2304, 1600, 1, "Ilshenar", MapRules.TrammelRules );
RegisterMap( 3, 3, 3, 2560, 2048, 1, "Malas", MapRules.TrammelRules );

[/code:1]

That's the original. See the number 4 on the Felucca line? That's the season. Change that to a 0 for spring or a 1 for summer (2 for fall, 3 winter, 4 is desolation the default). The part about MapRules is what affects the PvP/theft settings and such. If for instance you wanted to make Ilshenar PvP capable, then you'd change it's MapRules to MapRules.FeluccaRules. You can even change Trammel to use the Felucca rules if you want.

kriggle

Wanderer
Would disabling access to Ilshenar and Malas be similar to Macil's idea of eliminating trammel? Also, I assume there is a line of code in a file to the effect that PvP = True or PvP = false (probly set by region, right?), hence how in Trammel you can't attack other players, but in Felucca you can, so also what file(s) have to be edited to allow or disallow PvP in certain areas on the map?

--Kriggle--

Devious

Wanderer
alright my question is when you edit the 4 to a 0 its suppose to have trees right? if so cool. but if you don't have it i guess you have to modify the season changer or take it all together also?? i changed the 4 to 0 and no leaves on trees. i am sure its been answered or asked. Thank You.

Devious

Wanderer
not a new user my friend. i was just noticed or got interested in doing this. i just tried it and yes i did restart the server. i changed it before i even started the server.

Quantos

Lord
It could be something that's overridden by the season changer script, have you tried removing that script?

Devious

Wanderer
just edited the script. its was showing 4 for desolation and i changed that to 0. worked like charm. Thanks for help. i will show what part i edited.

[code:1] case 1:case 2:case 11:case 12:
{
Map.Felucca.Season = 0;
Map.Trammel.Season = 0;
Map.Ilshenar.Season = 0;
Map.Malas.Season = 0;
Console.WriteLine( "Season: Winter" );
} break; [/code:1]

this is the part i edited from 4 to 0. incase you guys have a the season scripts. not sure who took credit for system but it has 2 names in it. k0t and Dreamerwolf. Have fun and thanks again Quantos