RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

treasure map

45º tan

Wanderer
treasure map

I need to know

that in the map new leases are drawn the sectors of new leases of treasures in t2a(lost land), umbra and tokuno island

to put the leases of the treasure is easy, but in the map it does not appear the drawing so that they can be oriented where it is the treasure

skills3200

Sorceror
45º tan;712098 said:
I need to know

that in the map new leases are drawn the sectors of new leases of treasures in t2a(lost land), umbra and tokuno island

to put the leases of the treasure is easy, but in the map it does not appear the drawing so that they can be oriented where it is the treasure

Have you modified your Treasure.CFG file with the location of the new treasures? If not you can find this in /"your runuo"/Data

Not 100% sure what your problem is but this might help you..

Hammerhand

Knight
Not sure, but I think hes saying that the maps arent showing the general location artwork (drawings) of the areas hes doing new treasure for.

you have to "add" the new "map drawings" into some file - i forget where, but i remember reading someplace in one of these threads

it is a royal pain in the rump

what might be easier for you is to use the "message cartography" system posted in the script release section and modify it to use the other maps as well
it use the coord instead of a map to tell them where to go to, and is semi easy to modify

45º tan

Wanderer
Hammerhand;712104 said:
Not sure, but I think hes saying that the maps arent showing the general location artwork (drawings) of the areas hes doing new treasure for.

yes, this is my problem.
i change the treasure.cfg in location`s in umbra, t2a and tokuno iskand

the maps arent showing the general location artwork (drawings) of the areas

like i said - you have to make the maps for the new locations and they have to be put into one of the files - can't remember which one they are in, biut it is a royal pain from what i herd

that is why i suggested the othr method

45º tan

Wanderer
i don`t understand. I don`t take a new map.
i want the treasure in lost land.
(lost land) = (felucca) = (map1)

why don`t paint the location?

A friend told me that i need import something of uoam to running.

i search in other post and tell something of multimap.RLE for change.

45º tan

Wanderer
The new locations I write in treasure.cfg make always drawn on the map image they are going to observe.
I do not understand that if land is lost in the same map1.mul. The picture that is drawn is that.

Attachments

• paint.JPG
    paint.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 81

haazen

Sorceror
What Lord_Greywolf says is true. There is a file somewhere, I believe in the client, that has the drawings for the treasure maps. Since that files map limits are for the main area of Trammel and Felucca and do not have the drawings for LostLands, you would have to add the drawings for LostLands and patch each client that connects to your shard. When a map is outside the bounds of the Main map, you get an erroneous drawing on the decoded map.

I added near 200 treasure locations in LostLands, Dungeons and other facets. But to solve the decoded map drawing problem, I scripted 2 other things. First, a GenieLamp and second, the Genie. I also changed the tresuremap script to display a different gump when the map is outside the main map bounds. It says the treasure location is secret and it requires a Genie to find it. You drop the map on the Genie and he teleports you to the treasure location.

The other fix for your problem is like mentioned above, display the treasures X Y and facet location for any treasure outside of the main map bounds.

Good Luck.

45º tan

Wanderer
yes, the cartography scrip by vhaerun.
But I do not like the idea of the treasure and appears a monster instead of unearthing.
now i tried of modify this script

HellRazor

Knight
The UO client will only display a map for Britannia (Felucca and Trammel). Even if you edit multimap.rle, you can only change it to whatever map is being used for Felucca and Trammel (which is ONE map - you can't use a custom map for one of them and get maps to work with both maps because the client displays the same multimap.rle for both Trammel and Felucca). The client won't display a map for the lost lands, Ilshenar, Tokuno, or Malas. Which is why on OSI there are no treasure maps for those places.