RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to get RunUO 1.0 to support the new clients...

Mideon

Page
Trying to get RunUO 1.0 to support the new clients...

Hello everyone. I'm aware of Kamron's thread and I've recently dl'd his fix for 2.0 from his forums and attempted to do what he has done for 2.0 on 1.0...but as anticipated the RunUO 2.0 core is far different from the RunUO 1.0 core...and I've made a terrible mess of things so far :(

Basically I want to start from scratch but I'm unaware of what exactly the problem is with the new clients...so I have no idea where to start.

Does anyone know in theory what needs to be done to allow the server to allow the new clients? (aka 6.0.1.10+)

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Mideon

Page
I don't see why it wouldn't be possible....I just have to make the necessary core modifications. Kamron has kindly already done so for 2.0...but I do not use RunUO 2.0....nor will I any time soon. So until then I'd like to support the newest client. I attempted to make the changes that Kamron made...but they did not appear to work (the cores are quite different...so I likely missed something) It's still sending the 0xB packet prior to my client being attached to a mobile.

Kamron

Knight
If you can, email me a copy (or private message a link) of your RunUO 1.0 core and I will show you what to edit.

Also include the following script files:
ClientVerification.cs
BulletinBoards.cs
SpellBook.cs
BaseVendor.cs

The edits are the same, except for a few changes...

Note: If you can, PLEASE send me a "fresh" copy of RunUO 1.0 Core/Scripts, that would be the easiest. Otherwise I can make the changes to yours if you don't have it.

EDIT: I will no longer do this, because RunUO SVN193+ supports it. Take a look at the differences with winmerge.

Mideon

Page
I followed the RunUO team's changes to the 2.0 core...(slightly diff on 1.0..but barely noticable...I think you have to not put in a p.Acquire and a p.Release or something) But it worked wonderfully!

Mideon

Page
Hmm correction there seems to be a bit of an issue.....with the mods to the server I can't seem to enter warmode, and my skills packet override hook doesn't seem to work anymore.....

I Cheat

Wanderer
Kamron, don't you think it would be more helpful for everyone if you were to just post a list of changes that need to be made instead of offering to do it for the? It seems like your trying to keep everything to yourself.

Kamron

Knight
Its in SVN 193+, you can tell TortoiseSVN to use WinDiff or WinMerge to show the differences..

In terms of getting it to work with RunUO 1.0.... I don't have a copy of RunUO 1.0 in order to list the changes... but from what I remember of RunUO 1.0, its almost exactly the same.

Mideon

Page
The login timer thing assures you can login with higher clients on 1.0...problem is the warmode packet doesn't work (can't enter warmode properly) as well containers don't actually show their contents etc...I might have done something wierd. So I will look back into it...but if anyone else has remedied this, please post :p

Cyndrz

Wanderer
Wanted to know if anything came of this and if a fix was found.

I will gladly email my core sence I have no clue on how to change it.

I have done core work once and it was a simple job and that was enough to keep me from ever doing it agian.

I run a 1.0 for almost 3 yrs now and have no intention of starting a new Runuo version and the client issue is becoming just that a very annoying issue.

Please let me know if a fix was discovered for 1.0 and Thank you for the time in reading this.

Greystar

Wanderer
Cyndrz;742664 said:
Wanted to know if anything came of this and if a fix was found.

I will gladly email my core sence I have no clue on how to change it.

I have done core work once and it was a simple job and that was enough to keep me from ever doing it agian.

I run a 1.0 for almost 3 yrs now and have no intention of starting a new Runuo version and the client issue is becoming just that a very annoying issue.

Please let me know if a fix was discovered for 1.0 and Thank you for the time in reading this.

I highly doubt someone will do mods for 1.0 since 2.0 rc2 is what most people are using now (or the SVN). I am also assuming your "was" is supposed to be "wasn't" and working with the Core and compiling is very easy. But to each their own. I wish you luck and hope someone will be nice enough to assist you, I myself am using the SVN with as much of the latest features as I can find on the forums.

PS) this was Thread Necroing BTW!

Cyndrz

Wanderer
No that is ment to be a "was".

I was being sarcasic in saying it was a simple job cause it scared me into never going near the core agian.
:eek:

mogbert

Wanderer
Mideon;702636 said:
Hello everyone. I'm aware of Kamron's thread and I've recently dl'd his fix for 2.0 from his forums and attempted to do what he has done for 2.0 on 1.0...but as anticipated the RunUO 2.0 core is far different from the RunUO 1.0 core...and I've made a terrible mess of things so far :(

Basically I want to start from scratch but I'm unaware of what exactly the problem is with the new clients...so I have no idea where to start.

Does anyone know in theory what needs to be done to allow the server to allow the new clients? (aka 6.0.1.10+)

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

I'm playing on some server that supports the new kr client, they supposable rewrote run uo's core to support it, but they are not affiliated with run uo in anyway so I don't know if they will help you, but you could ask them. if you want the web address just pm me,

Greystar

Wanderer
mogbert;752549 said:
I'm playing on some server that supports the new kr client, they supposable rewrote run uo's core to support it, but they are not affiliated with run uo in anyway so I don't know if they will help you, but you could ask them. if you want the web address just pm me,

The one that I know of that supports KR is based on RunUO 2.0 from one of the SVNs so it's still not 1.0 based. It also uses SQL for a larger portion of things than RunUO did (IE the saves have been changed to use SQL). So good luck with that.