RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turning a red into a blue

deides

Traveler
Hi, I am currently re-building my shard meant for solo play, and have added random PK encounters in fel with the courageous random encounter engine.

A good example of a PK script is the vile murderer (will attach file). I don't know who wrote it (wasn't me) and I took it from the scripts section.

I was wondering if someone could kindly modify this script so that it would create a "friendly blue" character that would attack monsters. What I want to achieve is the illusion of having competing players in a dungeon. I would add this friendly blue mobile in random encounters in Tram dungeons for example. They could appear and help you kill a monster, or simply steal the kill as in OSI shards.

I don't think it would be too hard to have it attack basecreature mobiles, but alas I'm affraid I have failed miserably and only generate errors... Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• vile.cs
    17 KB · Views: 3

deides

Traveler
Edit: I've figured it out, I think... at least its starting without error. HOWEVER, the blue mobile doesn't attack with its melee weapon. Only with the area effect that is included in the script. Could someone help me find out why it does not attack basecreatures? Thank

Attachments

• blue.cs
    16.7 KB · Views: 3

Logos

Wanderer
Hi there!

I'm kind new here, but i've took a look onto your script. It seems that this area effect occurs everytime it moves, with a timer controling its frequency, so it does not depends on attacks to activate. You may check an alternative to the attack event, since i've not seen this on the script.

Regards,
Logos