RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ubuntu 9.1 issues

Tamerisk989

Wanderer
Ubuntu 9.1 issues

I am having problems getting runuo to run on my linux system. i am running Ubuntu 9.10 on my server, and have tried the various "fixes" that i have found in different forums, all to no avail. I have tried the rc2 mono, and final, and also svn. I am beginning to think I may have missed a step somewhere. I have the latest versions of wine, and mono, and wine tricks. I have .net framework 2.0, as i also play HeroOnline, which i was able to get working properly.

I am pulling my hair out, lol. Keep in mind however, that I have about a 3rd grade equivalent knowledge of Linux operating system.

also, is there a linux os that works easier than ubuntu? This is the one that was recommended, along with xubuntu, and Dream Linux. Are there better ones out there? I just got this server, and want to build my dream shard, so I want the best linux os i can get. I understand that people have their preferences, but that is ok.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

I think you should spend more time messing with linux and become more familiar with it before putting your server on it.

Kons.snoK

Sorceror
Tamerisk989;824526 said:
I am having problems getting runuo to run on my linux system. i am running Ubuntu 9.10 on my server, and have tried the various "fixes" that i have found in different forums, all to no avail. I have tried the rc2 mono, and final, and also svn. I am beginning to think I may have missed a step somewhere. I have the latest versions of wine, and mono, and wine tricks. I have .net framework 2.0, as i also play HeroOnline, which i was able to get working properly.

I am pulling my hair out, lol. Keep in mind however, that I have about a 3rd grade equivalent knowledge of Linux operating system.

also, is there a linux os that works easier than ubuntu? This is the one that was recommended, along with xubuntu, and Dream Linux. Are there better ones out there? I just got this server, and want to build my dream shard, so I want the best linux os i can get. I understand that people have their preferences, but that is ok.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

that's very nice but you should post which is the problem