RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultima.dll updated

krrios

Administrator
Ultima.dll updated

I've updated my UO SDK (Ultima.dll). It is available in the downloads section.

Animation Changes:
  • Supports Anim2.mul (UO:LBR creatures)
  • Supports Anim3.mul (UO:AOS creatures)
  • Supports graphic fallback if the user does not have UO:LBR or UO:AOS installed
  • Bug fixed which could cause some high-index animations to return as empty[/list:u]
    Hue Changes:
    • Added Hue.GetColor( int index )
    • Added Hue.ApplyTo( Bitmap bmp, bool onlyHueGrayPixels )[/list:u]

psz

Administrator
It's a UO SDK, so that you can create GMTools and other utils for use with UO.

psz

Administrator
It contains the info for compilers to use when building UO projects.

If you don't know what an SDK is (or how to link to a DLL), then you probably don't need to worry about it, as it's only useful for program writers :->

Phantom

Knight
Its useful lets leave it at that.

If you don't know how to use dll's in a program then it serves you no good to understand what SDK stands for or anything about it.

Revan

Sorceror
ok, i've figured out that its damn useful and great to use etc (after all, its by krrios :))
But how do i link it to my apps and use it?!

p.s I got Visual Studio .net (7.0) now

Phantom

Knight
Revan said:
ok, i've figured out that its damn useful and great to use etc (after all, its by krrios :))
But how do i link it to my apps and use it?!

p.s I got Visual Studio .net (7.0) now

You add it as a reference like you would for any of the .NET dll's that are not standard in a standard project.

Bradley

Sorceror
Add a reference as Phantom said, then you can look around at it's functions and what-not using the object browser.

If you want a quick example of what kinds of things can be build using the DLL check out my Gump Editor. yes, this has been another shameless plug for my Gump editor, which, btw, I'm working on using the new features of this verison of the DLL as we speak.

Pssst, Krrios... font support? ;)

Phantom

Knight
I really don't understand why somebody who needs help knowing what to do with the dll even asks :)

Either you know how and have the needed experience to use it or you don't :)

I suppose you only can learn by asking questions but WOW what a question 8)

Revan

Sorceror
I just like programming.. with results, and this ultima sdk can obviously give me results.. This is how i'm learning, ok?
The best way to help me is to just give me a small example, then i'll be on my way to .netland :)

btw, by results i mean graphical results, coz i'm a graphical guy..

Arya

Wanderer
The MSDN library is your best friend. Most of your questions can be answered by searching through it. I believe it also has a tutorial on using c# libraries.

Revan

Sorceror
Well.. I have heard of msdn quite alot.. I even saw a girl wearing a t-shirt of it at work!
Anyway it dont matter much since the very nice, Bradley Uffner, has helped me. Thanks Brad :)
oh, btw.. Where can i find any sourcecode of an app that has used the dll?
Thats how i learn.. so dont get mad or anything :\