RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultima SDK Update Released. Source Released.

krrios

Administrator
Ultima SDK Update Released. Source Released.

I've released an updated version of my Ultima Online software development kit (SDK). The source has also been released. Details can be found in this topic.

psz

Administrator
You guys DO realise this thread is from late August/Early September, right? ;->

Bradley

Sorceror
Can someone tell me what kind of license we have to use this source code? Are you releasing it into the Public Domain, is it GPL? Can I include this source code, or parts of it into my own applications and distribute them as I want?

I'm going to assume that it's public domain for now, because of the way it's been released. Thanks again for the code.

[Shaman]

Wanderer
Bradley said:
Can someone tell me what kind of license we have to use this source code? Are you releasing it into the Public Domain, is it GPL? Can I include this source code, or parts of it into my own applications and distribute them as I want?

I'm going to assume that it's public domain for now, because of the way it's been released. Thanks again for the code.

i also think there should be a license of some kind for the source... it's krioss' work and i do not want to see some lame mofo get credits for his work (the app im working on will get a thank you note for krioss on it, dunno where i'll leave it.. but i'll see for that when its done)

Victor

Wanderer
There is no download for the sdk where can I get it. I want to see the source for the sdk but I can not find this download on the runuo website.

Thanks

Bradley

Sorceror
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams said:
I have both the assembly and the source, but I refuse to redistribute them without Ryan's explicit permission.
I was told by Krrios in the RunUO chat room that I could "Do whatever I want" with the SDK as far as distributing it, or modifying it. I took that to mean that he eleased the SDK into the public domain. Which means it is freely distributable.

This is a good thing, otherwise Gump Studio wouldn't exist, as it relies on the SDK.