RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultima SDK

Viper1831

Wanderer
Ultima SDK

Hello,

Was Ultima SDK the library used to develope Razor?

Also; does Ultima SDK have any documentation??

Thanks.

Jeff

Lord
Respect2131;823295 said:
Hello,

Was Ultima SDK the library used to develope Razor?

Also; does Ultima SDK have any documentation??

Thanks.

It is used to provide artwork for razor, like in the title bar for reg counts and whatnot, but not the core razor libraries, those were written in C++. It does not currently have any documentation.

Jeff

Lord
It mostly exists to show how to read the files for the UO client. It does have a class that can be used to read the client's process memory, and also, send chat commands. You could probably learn from it, in order to write something "like" razor, but it would require you to learn a hell of a lot more. You would need to start by learning DLL Injection, and how to decrypt and encrypt packets coming to and from the client.

Viper1831

Wanderer
I saw the process handle class in the SDK, so I will probably start there when I try to figure everything out. I do not know what clilocs are but everything else sounds like it could be useful. UltimaXNA sounds familiar. I am not sure what DDL injection is but it sounds complicated. packet handling sounds like it needs to be done in low level code, which is alright since C# can do that. This will be a lot to read up on.

Jeff

Lord
Respect2131;823322 said:
I saw the process handle class in the SDK, so I will probably start there when I try to figure everything out. I do not know what clilocs are but everything else sounds like it could be useful. UltimaXNA sounds familiar. I am not sure what DDL injection is but it sounds complicated. packet handling sounds like it needs to be done in low level code, which is alright since C# can do that. This will be a lot to read up on.

The packet handling has to be done @ the DLL injection level.