RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultimate Prize Stone

Raelis

Sorceror
The In-Game Editable Prize Stone

Summary:
Prize/Vendor Stone.

Description:
This is one of my lower scripts, but a lot of people seem to like it on the shard's I've given it to. It's basicly a stone that you can edit, in-game, to sell anything. You can change the currency the stone uses; tokens, gold, appels, katana, anything at all. There is a maximum of 40 prizes, but that should be enough considering you can add as many prize stones as you'd like and edit them.

And no, it's not going to be all through props that you'll have to edit everything. If you are a seer or above, there will be a button on the gump that is labeled "Edit", click that and there will pop up a similar gump where you can type in the (blue)items/creatures you want to be on the prize stone, (green)their item's description(name because not all item's have names that they use through the Name property, most of them are null), and the (red)price that you wish to set it to. When you type in the item to add the the prize stone, you'll have to type it in liek you are typing it in on a spawner. I also made it so that you could add creatures to the stone and when players buy the creatures, it appears where they stand and is under their control.

The colors I put in () are the colors of the tpying that is on the gump.
Blue is where you add the add name for the item/creature.
Green is where you add the name you want to show up on the buy gump.
Red is where you add the price for the item/creature.

As well, the admin of the shard I work for asked for it to be able so players can choose whether or not they want to bless the item they buy. So i added a check box for "Bless", "Bond", & "Hue(something extra I tosed in)". If you keep the price for Bond, Bless, and Hue, at 0 they will not appear on the gump for the players to check. But if you do set it to something higher that 0, it will appear, and have it's prize right beside it. And if a player checks it and doesn't have the money, it won't bond, bless, or hue the item/creature sold. The "Hue" check box brings up the normal hue picker.

I wasn't able to make a button for the gump to automaticly target and item and choose it for the currency, so you'll have to do that by using [props on the stone, and only Admins can set it.

As well, you will be able to set the stone's name through the Edit gump, at the very top of the gump. All the areas that are surounded by black lines are the areas in which can be edited.

Oh, I almost forgot, it comes with a "prize ball" as well. If you sell it, players can buy it and double click it and then they will be able to target any prize stone that they wish and then they will be able to open the prize stone gump through the ball.

Hmm, well that's basicly all I can think of to tell about the script.

Installation:
Just stick the script in your custom folder. Say "[add vendorstone" to add it to the shard. And "[add vendorball" to add the prize ball to the shard.

Please post any questions that you may have. :D

Raelis

Attachments

• VendorStone.zip
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,149

Khaz

Knight
It is "elite." Very well done, Raelis, and thank you for submitting a prize stone that outshines all the others.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
I love the fact that you allow people to edit these scripts "ingame" its a very interesting styl e that i very much like ^_^. Tonight im gonna try to turn it into a vendor (probably to no avail)

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
hmm ur right sorry ^_^
Just go in the script and where it says "!set the stonesname!" change it to Vendor Sotne or w/e

C

chrisjones

Very nice but....

Is there a way to have say ammounts...like for one to another like gold to tokens
If so can u tell me i tryd to get it to do conversion and tryd even bank checks but wont reggy its ammount?

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
Lol... No

You are trying to make a currency converter it looks like. This is just a vendor. Try making Reebdog the blacksmith give you tokens back.

Raelis

Sorceror
Well, the "!STONE NAME GOES HERE!", u'll have to change the GumpName property it's in the "Edit" gump, at the very top, change that to w/e u want, then u'll have to [set movable true on the stone and move it, then [set movable false again and it will show the correct name, sry, i could have made it easier, gah, wth i'll go ahead and make it easier, just redownload it once i get it done

locksmith

Wanderer
awesome!

just what i was looking for! One quick question tho - i am trying to add a skill/stat ball, and it dosent seem to pass the number of charges to it. For example, i want to add a skillball 5 to it. i can [add skillball 5 and it makes one, but when i set the name to "skillball 5" it dosent work. is there a way to pass the charges variable to it, (5) or some trick, or do i need to somehow recode that to work?

Thanks again - wonderfull script! 10/10

Locksmith

malgrimace

Sorceror
Yeah - like I said, I figured it out just after I posted the query. Thanks for calling me a noob though dontdropthesoad, it was appreciated.

daeth

Wanderer
quick question when i set an item for lets say 1 million gold a player is not going to be able to hold 1 million gold in their inventory so how can i make the vendor stone automatically take the gold from the players bank or how can i make it use bank checks because i set the currency for bank checks and it says that it is not enough when the bank check is for that amout i guess it is asking for 1 million bank checks? :confused: