RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UO Eras Packs

v1ck

Wanderer
UO ERAs Packs

I think it would be really cool if RunUO released complete offical packs for each era of UO.

T2A
Pre-UO:R
UO:R
Pub16
AoS
SE
and maybe speciality packs like Abyss and Siege?

Just an idea. :)

Diako

Wanderer
Or just make your own shard the way your like it, its not hard to make a shard AOS, SE , UOR or w/e you want. Make that your self and let the RunUO mod's make more important stuffs. Like killing bugs etc etc.

AFAIK RunUO has and always will be a clone of the CURRENT OSI shards. It would be up to the developers on whether they wanted to take time off of keeping things current in order to release these packs.

However, if a group of regular board users got together and did it, that'd be a different thing entirely...

Atomic

Wanderer
Aren't T2A and PRE-UOR the same thing? AFAIK T2A was the current expansion before UOR. There is something missing on that list, PRE-T2A(UO Gold) but I hadn't even started to play UO at that time anyways. Yeah it would be possible for the people here on the board to form some groups to work on each era. Then we can get our data from the old stratics sites on the internet archive, but it will be very hard to get everything 100% the same.

Diako

Wanderer
true PRE:UOR is T2A, but some shards keep writing on their description that they are Pre:UO / T2A when they really are LBR/Pre:AOS .

Tark

Wanderer
i say, bring on the zostriches, ocklocks, and orns! :)

actually, those would just be kewl, and easy, to script hehe. since theyre just renamed ossys.

bballerjess

Wanderer
Isn't someone working on a pack for T2A in the custom scripts forum, I was just wondering if there is any such pack for UO:R. And i really wish people would stop calling it Pre-UO:R because everytime i do a forum search, it seems more people are interested in "Pre-UO:R" [T2A] then they are in just plain UO:R--which is what I'm interested in.

thegrandmystic;330936 said:
AFAIK RunUO has and always will be a clone of the CURRENT OSI shards. It would be up to the developers on whether they wanted to take time off of keeping things current in order to release these packs.

Not exactly: RunUO supports these expansions: Pre-AOS (UOTD), AOS, SE, ML. You can select the expansion you want by editing Scripts/Misc/CurrentExpansion.cs.

Now, in Server/ExpansionInfo.cs (core), you have this:
Code:
    public enum Expansion
    {
        None,
        /*
        T2A,
        UOR,
        LBR,
        UOTD,
        */
        AOS,
        SE,
        ML
    }

As you can see, maybe there were a support for pre-AoS expansions but they got commented and so included all in the "Pre-AOS" category.

Supporting them would mean... that you have to crawl all of scripts and define expansion statements. It's long but doable.

Personally, I think it won't worth the effort since Pre-AOS expansions won't change much the gameplay, but it's only my opinion.

SuperJam;330260 said:
It's much more likely they would be released by other users and not the staff of runUO.

at the end it's true: RunUO development now is going ahead for user efforts, being too few developers that can monitor UOG shards.

I mean: now the leading community is busy in bugfixing, completing SE (instanced loot, autorecovery arrows) and ML. After this I think we will go through SA.

Just to say: if you guys can do (or there already are) scripts that can give complete Pre-AOS expansion support, and the code is compatible with other RunUO features, in sense the code won't break other RunUO features, and especially if it's like OSI at those times, then it can also go in the SVN release.

Sailor Garry

Wanderer
if i set my server now to aos i will get all like Aos without any bugs and so. but when i set my server to expansions none so pre-aos do i get fully working third dawn server or what?

Sailor Garry

Wanderer
aha okay ^^ well atleast AoS will be there when i set it to AoS. one last question which would you say is most acurate Spawner to OSi for an AoS Server?

Murzin

Knight
bballerjess;375560 said:
Isn't someone working on a pack for T2A in the custom scripts forum, I was just wondering if there is any such pack for UO:R. And i really wish people would stop calling it Pre-UO:R because everytime i do a forum search, it seems more people are interested in "Pre-UO:R" [T2A] then they are in just plain UO:R--which is what I'm interested in.

not true at all...

T2A is not the same as pre-UOR

Ravenal

Knight
osd_daedalus;811832 said:
Not exactly: RunUO supports these expansions: Pre-AOS (UOTD), AOS, SE, ML. You can select the expansion you want by editing Scripts/Misc/CurrentExpansion.cs.

Now, in Server/ExpansionInfo.cs (core), you have this:
Code:
    public enum Expansion
    {
        None,
        /*
        T2A,
        UOR,
        LBR,
        UOTD,
        */
        AOS,
        SE,
        ML
    }
As you can see, maybe there were a support for pre-AoS expansions but they got commented and so included all in the "Pre-AOS" category.

Supporting them would mean... that you have to crawl all of scripts and define expansion statements. It's long but doable.

Personally, I think it won't worth the effort since Pre-AOS expansions won't change much the gameplay, but it's only my opinion.

In the future, Mark has removed the comments on this, and added some information in regards to them... It does not mean RunUO will create those Era pieces or not... That'll probably be entirely based on the Shard Owners decisions to add those support...

kalo

Sorceror
Would be nice to see something like this.

I've been here a long time and I always feel my time is wasted each time I want to setup a shard to the era I want. I usually burn out part way into getting to said era.. When I could be spending a bit of time creating some cool scripts & expansion.