RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UO Keeps Freezing

Macil

Sorceror
I don't know if this is a client issue, Razor issue or Windows 7 issue but I figured I'd start here in the Razor forum to see if anyone knew what was up.

UO is constantly locking up on me. The screen will gloss over with a bright washed out white color to it and say not responding on the title bar. I notice it happens a lot when I click off the game and back onto it. I also use Synergy to control multiple desktop machines at once and noticed it'll also do this when my mouse leaves my computer to go onto another and then comes back to the original computer where UO is running - it'll lock up then.

Its really getting frustrating. I can't even hunt any more because I'm guarenteed at least one or two lock ups and the insurance prices on my equipment are killing my gold supply versus profit for every time I have to get rezzed. Its driving me nuts!

Is anyone else having this problem? And is there a fix for it?

Macil

Sorceror
If anyone is curious, I have a suspicion it might have something to do with all the title bar nonsense I had activated with Razor. I had it set to show my regs, gold, weight, bandages, etc. After turning hem off it seems to have stopped causing freezing. Interesting... Will update if it freezes again.

Jeff

Lord
Ya, it has nothing to do with that, just right click the shortcut, goto the compatibility tab and set it to Windows XP SP3.

I think i love you Jeff.. I've been fighting this issue for a while and actually got discouraged to stop playing for a while because of it. Yeah you rock.

Frederic

Sorceror
I'm reviving this thread...

I have the same issue, but the problem is if I use the compatibility modes, for some reasons, Razor wont modify my game's window size as it normally does. I guess other features don't work, but this is the one I noticed.

Any ideas?

boba

Sorceror
I'm reviving this thread...

I have the same issue, but the problem is if I use the compatibility modes, for some reasons, Razor wont modify my game's window size as it normally does. I guess other features don't work, but this is the one I noticed.

Any ideas?
and you are right clicking it and running it as admin ?