RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[UO:KR-UO:SA] Fake screenshots or what?!

Zarathos

Sorceror
[UO:KR-UO:SA] Fake screenshots or what?!

Hi all!

This morning, wondering if EA produced something new with UO during the last three years I haven't looked at, I found some good screenshots of Kingdom Reborn / Stygian Abyss version. Browsing this page of the official website, I just said "Wow! Good 3D graphics! Worth to give it a try!"... so installed the enhanced version of UO:SA client (version 4.0.5.1) and logged into the official server with a free trial account.

I've been really disappointed to see that it has nothing to do with those screens! It seems more like an improved version of 2D client with a new GUI and ugly 3D models. No nice looking 3D trees, no walls/floors with better textures, no nice light effects...

For example...
-> Official Before Screen
-> Official After Screen
-> What I See (?!)

So... what's wrong with this? Do I need to download another version of client, maybe? Some client options to change? I don't understand...

Thank you in advance for help! ^^

KR and SA are two different attempts at 3D clients

The first is 2D, The Second is KR, and I'm guessing the third is SA

Zarathos

Sorceror
Anti-Basic;832019 said:
The Second is KR
KR seems really good at a first sight. Is it supported (or supportable) by RunUO in 3D version? Is it customizable (new map, statics, items, animations, gumps ecc...)?
Any real big problem or bug that cannot be seen from screenshots?

Lichbane

Wanderer
Zarathos;832020 said:
KR seems really good at a first sight. Is it supported (or supportable) by RunUO in 3D version? Is it customizable (new map, statics, items, animations, gumps ecc...)?
Sadly, RunUO does not support any of the 3D clients.

pooka01

Sorceror
The 3d is ugly... lol

but the 3nd screenshot look a little better, exept under the character... (what is that circle?)
But the grass and dirts are better

( personnaly i woul keep it like that :p )

Zarathos;832020 said:
KR isn't even supported by EA, much less RunUO... it was only live for like a year before it was replaced by SA because players hated it.

Theres somethign wrong with your eyes.

Iomega0318

Sorceror
The new UOSA Enhanced client looks good, but sadly it is much harder to customize than UOSA Classic..
UOKR is the 3D world you are looking for,
UOSA Enhanced is still more 2D although the world looks much better in it,
UOSA Classic is very nice as well but still only a small step up if even from UOML..

I do have to say after playing around with UOSA Enhanced and Classic, I have always been a fan of the classic but the enhanced client is very nice..

Thagoras

Sorceror
I didn't hate KR. It just ran really, really slowly for me. Although, I will say, after getting used to how UOClassic looks, KR was an unfamilar game.