RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UO:SA Loader 2.2

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Aren't there still some nasty issues with using an enhanced client on a runuo server? I've never bothered trying myself because of all the issues I've read about, no idea if those are fixed though...just curious.

Kons.snoK

Sorceror
Aren't there still some nasty issues with using an enhanced client on a runuo server? I've never bothered trying myself because of all the issues I've read about, no idea if those are fixed though...just curious.
i have no idea, i've been not following RunUO for almost a year now. If not you can modify runuo to make it compatible as i did!
Btw this is server-indipendent side :)

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
I know I can modify RunUO...lovely thing about open source. I was just wondering what kind of issues you ran into, like what kind of bugs did the client give you?

Kons.snoK

Sorceror
i don't know, my server core have been highly rewrited, cause i followed up also KR expansion..
Basically new packets and new gump support should be enough for SA client

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Lol, you just noticed that? Because it's advertising apparently. Someone has been going all nazi, going around and removing signatures and stuff from people. Believe your's linked outside RunUO or something...idk. They're scared you might take some donation money. :/

What kind of new gump support? Sorry, I just have never even used the enhanced client (never really looked like it was worth the time and work.)

Kons.snoK

Sorceror
well, right now it doesn't worth enough the effort, cause it is in beta and still has a lot of major bugs.
For example the client crashes because memory isn't handled in a proper way, and also if you use a custom map wil LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG.
But when i did the mods i thought it would ahve developed more rapidly.. :)

Jhenery13

Sorceror
So what your saying is, you are going to have a shard running off of the enhanced client as soon as you can get it compatible with a modified Run-UO Core?