RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UO Scripter [Beta]

ABCGizmo

Sorceror
UO Scripter [Beta]

I am just putting this up for the community because even though it is in beta. It is still a great tool. But to capture its full talents you will need to have Run UO 2.0 and the ML Added to it. I will not go over how to add these things in. But if you have a running server 2.0 and the ML stuff included. This tool will help you tons. What can this tool do?

Create Quests, Quest Objectives, Quest Givers, Weapons, Armor, Jewelry, Mobiles. Not to mention it includes various item databases to help create your content faster. Less searching, more work done I always say. Its simple, just open the Dialog of what you wish to create. Fill in the information, click Script It and you have yourself a working script. Just take the (scripts) you make and put them in your custom folder as you see fit.

This is in beta, so you can find the saved script files in the corresponding folder in the Core Directory of UO Scripter.

If you are interested in me continuing on this project, please post here. Put any beta bugs you find. There is a small (Help) system put in, its not 100% done yet so you are kinda on your own. This is just so you can see the Environment in which you will be creating stuff. Its simple, easy and to the point. Try it out.

Attachments

• UO Scripter Beta.zip
    777.8 KB · Views: 485

Varchild

Wanderer
Could you release the code of the project?
It could be easy to find bugs and post possible fixes.

For example: If you make only one quest you should not have "randomize objective" enabled;

^^

hellalex

Sorceror
Wow nice work on that script, it's pretty cool.. but I'm getting some errors when I create the quest giver or even the quest itself, it gives me like,

Errors:
+ Custom Scripts/Exceleria Quests/UO Scripter Beta/Quests/ZombieHunter.cs:
CS0246: Line 13: The type or namespace name 'BaseQuest' could not be found (
are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

can anyone help me out? I've tried changing the BaseQuest to QuestSystem but it still wont work...

Amy-

Sorceror
Great little app, saves a lot of time :)
Please do continue development :)

A little bug:
When you set a quest giver to "can walk" = no it adds a /t to the beginning of the line:
Code:
/tpublic override bool DisallowAllMoves{ get{ return true; } }

hellalex

Sorceror
Now this is what I get

Errors:
+ Custom Scripts/Exceleria Quests/UO Scripter Beta/Questers/Aegon.cs:
CS0246: Line 14: The type or namespace name 'MondainQuester' could not be fo
und (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

+ Custom Scripts/Exceleria Quests/UO Scripter Beta/Quests/Therottenzombies.cs:

Any ideas how to fix it?

Aulus

Wanderer
hellalex;778815 said:
Now this is what I get

Errors:
+ Custom Scripts/Exceleria Quests/UO Scripter Beta/Questers/Aegon.cs:
CS0246: Line 14: The type or namespace name 'MondainQuester' could not be fo
und (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

+ Custom Scripts/Exceleria Quests/UO Scripter Beta/Quests/Therottenzombies.cs:

Any ideas how to fix it?

You can fix that by changing the MondainQuester to BaseQuester in the Aegon.cs. The other error can be fixed by changing BaseQuest to QuestSystem in the Therottenzombies.cs I believe.

But then its going to throw a whole bunch of new errors at you since the scripts this creates are designed to work on a ML server and it looks like your now using the same type of server as this was designed for.

greywolf79

Sorceror
This is a very interesting idea. I think it would be very useful to new scripters and to those of us with limited time to make the little stuff. Thanks. But I would like to know if there is a way to use it for quests in a non-ML shard? I have not gotten ML installed yet (I am trying to get it to run on my rc2 shard - too much to update to switch to svn)... Quests are where I lack the most and I would like to make a couple.

GreyWolf.

ABCGizmo

Sorceror
hellalex;778801 said:
Wow nice work on that script, it's pretty cool.. but I'm getting some errors when I create the quest giver or even the quest itself, it gives me like,

Errors:
+ Custom Scripts/Exceleria Quests/UO Scripter Beta/Quests/ZombieHunter.cs:

can anyone help me out? I've tried changing the BaseQuest to QuestSystem but it still wont work...

Yes if you dont have BaseQuest class/object then you probably do not have the ML package installed. This requires core and regular script updates and the ML package you can download here. So this probably serves no purpose to you.

The package im talking about is this one found here. http://www.runuo.com/forums/custom-script-releases/90644-runuo-2-0-svn-mondains-legacy-simple-installs-neruns-distro.html

ABCGizmo

Sorceror
Amy-;778811 said:
Great little app, saves a lot of time :)
Please do continue development :)

A little bug:
When you set a quest giver to "can walk" = no it adds a /t to the beginning of the line:
Code:
/tpublic override bool DisallowAllMoves{ get{ return true; } }

thanks Amy, this has been corrected.

koluch

Sorceror
This is wonderful!
We have players that want to create ML Quests for the server and I made a simple template for them to use, but this is soo much better, EXCELLENT!

One thing I found, the Regions button along the top is just greyed out, that is suppose to be that way correct?
Also, can I use my Regions.xml because I have several additions not included in yours.
If yes, do I put it in the Data or New Region folder.

Thanks Again,

Koluch

theriuu

Sorceror
this is great work.:oops:
by the way, this works is running only for AOS properties
please adding old properties for items, mobiles, quests.
vanq, invul, vitrualarmor...etcetc

I'm waiting for more great works :D

Lokai

Knight
It's nice, but would be better if the source were available. There are things that need to be done for various releases that are not possible without modification to the source. If anyone happens to have the source, I don't think the author would mind it being posted. This thread is almost 4 years old after all.

Gosmann

Sorceror
is there a way just to implement the ml quest engine to make this quests work on runuo 2.2 without install whole ml svn? i have to many customs

Orbit Storm

Sorceror
This system is rather outdated as it is. When creating the quests, you need to manually modify the old ArrayList format to List<SBInfo>. It'd be great if someone could re-release an updated version.

Gosmann

Sorceror
sry for bumpin this, but is there a way to implement the quest engine from ml svn to your normal runuo2.2 to make this quests work? it was the easiest way I saw to make quests