RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UOAI Beta v0.1

Kons.snoK

Sorceror
LoL my project on google code got me as owner but without privs, that's some weird stuff, no loader for now! :D

the map system you are considering is exactly the same way SA uses maps :)
64x64 blocks , compression with zlib and statics + maps in same file ( .uop )

I got all programs to convert maps if you want :) and to open and extract and so on..

Plus the whole format description, naturally :)

Artaxerxes

Sorceror
Kons.snoK;846730 said:
LoL my project on google code got me as owner but without privs, that's some weird stuff, no loader for now! :D

Well, we are very patient! ;-)

Kons.snoK;846730 said:
the map system you are considering is exactly the same way SA uses maps :)
64x64 blocks , compression with zlib and statics + maps in same file ( .uop )

Strange i did not know that, I should take a look at these uop-fileformat descriptions then yes. Not sure if it's exactly the same though, i'm not storing the actual art into the same file...
if i remember correctly these uop files are sort of resource files organized containing a compressed directory structure... but anyway, might be a good alternative for sure...
I was currently working mainly with UOML art, but it makes most sense to support UOKR/SA too.

Kons.snoK;846730 said:
I got all programs to convert maps if you want :) and to open and extract and so on..

Plus the whole format description, naturally :)

Would be interesting, but i'll contact you this weekend, if i get all of that now i'd start looking into this uop-fileformat straight-away, while actually i still have a lot of other work planned for tomorrow :) ... so let's wait till this weekend. I think the format description will be most usefull, unless the programs come with source code? ... cause i think i'll reimplement most extraction and conversion code anyway, since that's the fastest way for me to get some idea about how it works.
I think i might actually have some of this code lying around from when we worked on the animation-extraction code for UOKR which was posted on the uodev forums... don't know if the format has changed since then? anyway i looked mostly at asm rather than at this code back then :)
Anyway... let's talk this weekend, i'm off to bed! :)

Regards,
Wim