RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UOFiddler and Wearables

Apocolypse

Sorceror
Hey all, One of my favorite things to do is animations for UO but to start this off (because ive been gone a long time) im gonna need some help with UOFiddler. We didnt have this program back in the day so i had to use some really ancient programs to get anims done. UOFiddler looks like the tool for the job this time around. My question now is how do i know where to line up anims like shields when im in Animation Editor? I have the anim footage ready but i never have been able to figure out how and where to line things up to fit animations or lining animations up in general. Wearables being the most difficult. Anyone have any tips, comments, tutorials etc for me?

m309

Squire
My only advice would be to open 2 sets of files with Fiddler/Anim Editor side by side (maybe on 2 separate pc's if possible because the Anim Editor has that annoying "always on top" function) on in one set pull up your custom and in the other set pull up a pre-existing shield anim and match it up that way. Sorry to not be more help. Definitely looking forward to your work though if you should release it. Good luck!

Apocolypse

Sorceror
Yeah i thought about that today M, I may just try that. Was talking with the creator of UO Brazilian Reborn and he said that he used the other anims to line up his rides and it was trial and error. If successful, ill leave a tutorial on all of it. Thanks for the reply =)