RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UOGateway...jackboot tactics 2

Mo Khan

Wanderer
UOGateway...jackboot tactics 2

This was posted on UOGateway by none other than the overwhelmingly positive Phantom:

Phantom said:
http://www.runuo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68525

If your website was in compliance when you ask for activation, you wouldn't have had to wait.

Roland and company, thats a good read Enjoy...

This cat lives to stir it up. What a tool. I will say I hope they DO enjoy the read.

edited to clear it up

Uhhhh

Wanderer
Mo Khan said:
This was posted on UOGateway by none other than the overwhelmingly positive Phantom:

http://www.runuo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68525

If your website was in compliance when you ask for activation, you wouldn't have had to wait.

Roland and company, thats a good read Enjoy...

This cat lives to stir it up. What a tool. I will say I hope they DO enjoy the read.

Did someone copy that RunUO thread to UOG, or did you paste the wrong link?

I just read that, and was kinda confused. :)

Mo Khan

Wanderer
Phantom posted the link to my RunUO post (regarding their activations) ON UOGateway. Why? Hell, I don't know. Guess he's trying to get 'em to delay my activation.

Mo Khan

Wanderer
It was meant to BE funny. I guess some people are just a bit sensitive when the humour is based on actions, they themselves, deem questionable. Oh well....

Mo Khan

Wanderer
well...they delayed my activation for my ramblings...one week...oh well. At least I said what I feel needed to be said.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Mo Khan said:
It was meant to BE funny. I guess some people are just a bit sensitive when the humour is based on actions, they themselves, deem questionable. Oh well....

You're a liar. That post wasn't funny in any way, nor was there anything that even hinted that it was meant to be funny. You're changing your intention after people bitched at you, and it's rather obvious.

Along with that, you're complaining to the wrong place. No one here cares what UOG does, or what you think of UOG because these forums are for RunUO, not UOGateway. There's not a damn thing we can do about it, nor do we care! If you have a problem with UOG, have some balls and post it on their forums instead of being a coward and talking shit behind their back.

And stop making new topics to say the same stupid shit. You already have a topic for this crap.

WeEzL

Wanderer
WarAngel said:
What is it being replaced with?
I am wondering the same thing. :confused:

Nobody can create a server list to instantly replace UOGateway. It would be like someone creating an OS and immediately trying to take over the desktop market from Microsoft. It doesn't work that way.

WarAngel

Wanderer
WeEzL said:

Nobody can create a server list to instantly replace UOGateway. It would be like someone creating an OS and immediately trying to take over the desktop market from Microsoft. It doesn't work that way.

True, but if enough people are fed up with UOGateway and a large number of people move to the new tool, it would be just a matter of time before even more people follow. This comes from the the "humans are like sheep; they do what all the others are doing," principle.

daat99

Staff member
WeEzL said:

Just wait and you might be surprised...

HellRazor

Knight
WeEzL said:

There are at least 2 active UO Gateway-like projects in development. One of them has actually been released, UOPatch. The other is under development over at cassiopa.com.

WeEzL

Wanderer
daat99 said:
Just wait and you might be surprised...
Oh I'm patiently waiting... what I'm hoping is that a suitable alternative to UOG is up and running by the time my shard is developed and I want to open it up to the public in the not-so-near future.