RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UORiced clients...

K

Krazy_zack

UORiced clients...

I noticed that even though I'm using a UORiced client the server consol STILL knows what client ver i'm using...

Aw dam this probably shoud have been in the help section but:

Is there anyway (now or in future releases) to have it so the server will ONLY allow a particular client to connect to it...

For example say I want to block "god client" users and people using ANYTHING other than my provided UORiced client to connect to my server.

Can this be done? Can it be a feature in future releases? (If so then I'll stop pissing/moaning about ignition/god client :D )

R

RedLineR

Rather work on supporting all types of clients since I'm pretty sure someone will/has already figure a way to report a client version to the server which actually differs from the version they are actually running...

Phantom

Knight
Takes alot of hex to get rid of the encryption itself...

I am sure they can figure out a way. Hell Sphere, sort of has this support... Through the "ClientVersion" property.

Krazy_Zack ICQ ME PLEASE!

R

RedLineR

No... What p3nt4x0r is saying is that you can hex edit a riced client and make it's version whatever you want... So if the the server you are connecting to only wants 3.0.7j, all you do is hex edit your 3.0.8q and make it report 3.0.7j

R

RedLineR

It happens in the best of families.. Don't worry about it :D

K

Krazy_zack

yes yes we realise that...

BUT it would keep the "script kiddies" from hacking your server...

(NOTHING is 100% safe)