RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(Updated) Bloody Bandage System

Joeku

Lord
Bandage Systems

Bloody Bandage System V2.0
Made by Joeku AKA Demortris

Description
Updated bloody bandage script that enables new features. One distro file included.

Features
-25% chance that a person will receive a bloody bandage when he/she uses a bandage (while healing self, healing someone else, or resurrecting)
-Enables ALL water targets for cleaning bloody bandages, including:
~All water land tiles
~All water static tiles (including animated static tiles)
~Water Trough (East and West)
~Fountain (Stone and Sandstone)
~Water Tub
~Pitcher of Water
~Wash Basin
~Water Barrel
~Water Vat
~Pond

-Washes all bloody bandages at once, not one at a time
-Range of three tiles
-When washed using beverages, bandages deplete some of the quantity of the beverage (must be water)

Installation
Drop all of the files inside the "Distros" folder into your Scripts folder. The distro files consist of: Bandage.cs. Place the Bloody Bandage System into your custom scripts directory.

Bloody+Enhanced Bandage System
Made by Joeku AKA Demortris

Description
Updated bloody bandage script that enables new features. Enhanced bandage script, also. One distro file included. Note: THIS IS NOT OSI ACCURATE! It is just the way that I think it should have been made :D.

Features
-All of the Bloody Bandage System V2.0 features
-50% chance that a person will receive a bloody bandage when he/she uses an enhanced bandage
-Nice little "Enhanced" label for enhanced bandages, as well as a golden color so players can visually tell the difference between enhanced and normal
-Magical fountain enhances bandages OnTarget, OnDragDrop, and OnDoubleClick

Installation
Drop all of the files inside the "Distros" folder into your Scripts folder. The distro files consist of: Bandage.cs. Place the Bloody+Enhanced Bandage System into your custom scripts directory.

Thank you for using this script! You can find some tutorials for modifying it on my blog at http://demortris.tripod.com. I hope you enjoy this script! You can e-mail suggestions/requests to [email protected] or you can post them here.

***EDIT***
Updated to V2.0, added Bloody+Enhanced Bandage System.

Attachments

• Bloody+EnhancedBandageSystem.zip
    12.4 KB · Views: 417
  • BloodyBandageSystemV2.0.zip
    7.3 KB · Views: 416

Turmoil

Wanderer
Awesome...

Everything works great when using your 2 files. I even tested cleaning the bloody bandages on static water and it converted my bloody bandages back to clean ones. Thanks for posting these files.

Joeku

Lord
No problem, I had the old script from the RunUO forum and got sick and tired of it only cleaning on about .25% of the stuff it should have :rolleyes:

You will be seeing many more updated scripts coming soon ;)

Kamron

Knight
Great idea. I haven't taken a look at this yet, although one thing you should do is. For the pitchers of water (and anything else that may have it), you should check to make sure its in their backpack, and then reduce the quantity by 1. Also if you didn't already (it sounds stupid to mention it) but also make sure that the quantity is at least at 1. Because when its empty, I am not sure if the pitcher resets itself to beverage type none.

Yiffi

Wanderer
I will test this later tonight, but I want to say thanks for saving me the work of it. These will be very helpful.
;)

Joeku

Lord
Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

XxSP1DERxX said:
Great idea. I haven't taken a look at this yet, although one thing you should do is. For the pitchers of water (and anything else that may have it), you should check to make sure its in their backpack, and then reduce the quantity by 1. Also if you didn't already (it sounds stupid to mention it) but also make sure that the quantity is at least at 1. Because when its empty, I am not sure if the pitcher resets itself to beverage type none.
Actually, all the system does is just check for the ItemID of the pitcher of water. That's a good idea though, I will be sure to change it.

Joeku

Lord
Alright, I have updated the Bloody Bandage System. Now, when used on a beverage (must be water), the bloody bandages will deplete the quantity of the beverage (1 beverage quantity per 10 bloody bandages.) I have changed the chance to get bloody bandages when using clean ones from 50% to 25%. I have also added a Bloody+Enhanced Bandage System. Note: THIS IS NOT OSI ACCURATE! It is just the way that I see it should have been made :D.

Barak

Wanderer
Awsome job with the bloody bandages, remember playing on a player run shard years ago that had them and I had completely forgotten about them.
Just wanted to point out tho that a "bucket of water" does not work to clean the bandages. Otherwise, great script and I thank you on behalf of myself and my players.

Nice :D
You might want to check if the bloody bandages are in the backpack or bankbox of the player and maybe you could color them in a nice red, too ;)

Joeku

Lord
Barak- I didn't notice that, it will be included in the next update (although I am not going to do a whole update for one item). If you want to manually add the "bucket of water" in, just PM me for more info.

Sotho Tal Ker- I left it unchecked for Backpack/Bankbox for a purpose; if a player cannot hold all of the bandages they want to wash, they can simply do the "drag and drop" (drag the bandages one tile ahead of you, skip two tiles, repeat). This enables easier washing. Also, I will leave the bloody bandages unhued because the graphic already includes blood.

Thank you both for the suggestions.

Joeku

Lord
Alright, I brewed up an idea but I want to see if anyone will care before I use my time to add it.

Would it be a good addition if I added poison to the bandages? So you can poison them and drop them on a ground for a trap... or if you wash bloody bandages in a poisoned beverage, then they will be poisoned too.

I just thought it would be a (more realistic) addition to the system. Please post comments on whether or not this would interest you.

sorry im new to owning a shard but when i try to start my shard 2 errors come up saying theres already a definition for bandage and contextbandage? could anyone plz help it would be much appreciated. thx:D

Joeku

Lord
Deaths Awakener said:
sorry im new to owning a shard but when i try to start my shard 2 errors come up saying theres already a definition for bandage and contextbandage? could anyone plz help it would be much appreciated. thx:D
Problem resolved (in private). Any other comments on the potential poison-adding?

Kamron

Knight
Joeku said:
Alright, I have updated the Bloody Bandage System. Now, when used on a beverage (must be water), the bloody bandages will deplete the quantity of the beverage (1 beverage quantity per 10 bloody bandages.) I have changed the chance to get bloody bandages when using clean ones from 50% to 25%. I have also added a Bloody+Enhanced Bandage System. Note: THIS IS NOT OSI ACCURATE! It is just the way that I see it should have been made :D.

So does this mean that if I clean my bandages 9 at a time... I will never deplete the quantity by 1 (EXPLOIT)? Or does that mean that UP TO 10 at a time will deplete 1 quantity? ;)

Joeku

Lord
Lol yeah I made a check for that. It is up to the next 10 (1-10 bandages = -1 quantity, 11-20 bandages = -2 quantity, etc.)

I had to write a LOT of code to get it to work how I wanted since I couldn't use the /10 factor... it wouldn't round off properly. Basically I had to manually write the whole function, it took about 150 lines :confused:.

Thank you for the concern though!