RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updater Client and Server

MarciXs

Sorceror
Updater Client and Server

Hello.
Is it's posible and somone could help me with this.
I'd like to make Updater client and Updater server.its like OSI have DCKlik it and your UO is beign update from server,
any comments or help,Please?

H

Hello_Kitty

couldn't you just change login.cfg to your patch server ?

Tylius

Sorceror
That wouldn't work unless they had an OSI path server, or a program that simulated it. Plus the patch files would have to be RTP (I don't believe this is a cheap program, and I don't think I've ever seen anything that can duplicate their file format)

Kamron

Knight
The problem is, if your shard/program lasts for more than 60 days... your patch system won't :p Unless you keep requesting new evaluations? I don't know how easy that would be. Or you are in the position to pay for it... They don't even tell you how much it is, so its probably fairly expensive.

Tylius

Sorceror
From what I remember hearing, the initial fee is $5000, plus a yearly fee, that was about 2 or 3 years ago though, may be more, may be less (And I believe that was for minimal licensing)

alambik

Sorceror
Hi.

Since I needed to patch music of UO, and UOGateway is not able to do it, I've developped a software doing this.

After instalation, the user need to enter at first time the UO client path.
At the first time, this launcher also copy new musics in UO Client if needed, and uncrypt the client using an external software (UORice).

Each time the software is launched, it logs on a FTP server, check if a new update is needed, eventualy download the update package (same RAR than UOGateway, so, it's compatible). It also show an info message that the admin can change on the ftp server.

The launcher is launced with a music.

See below:

http://loiseaudejade.free.fr

sirens song

Wanderer
what about people that want to play other shards. . . they are stuck with your musical selection when you overwrite an existing tune.. :(