RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

!!! Urgent !!! Crashing

darksky

Sorceror
!!! Urgent !!! Crashing

Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.573
Time: 7/12/2005 19:37:06
Mobiles: 1445
Items: 156139
Clients:
- Count: 1
+ 127.0.0.1: (account = xxxxxxxx) (mobile = 0xB022 'Admin Black Heart')

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Referência de objeto não definida para uma instância de um objeto.
   at Server.Items.PlayerLetter.GetProperties(ObjectPropertyList list)
   at Server.Item.get_PropertyList()
   at Server.Item.SendInfoTo(NetState state)
   at Server.Mobile.SendEverything()
   at Server.Mobile.MoveToWorld(Point3D newLocation, Map map)
   at Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile.MoveToWorld(Point3D loc, Map map)
   at Server.Gumps.AdminGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

System.NullReferenceException: Referência de objeto não definida para uma instância de um objeto.

=

Object reference not defined for a instance of an object.

Other crash with more players:

Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.573
Time: 7/12/2005 05:01:03
Mobiles: 1447
Items: 156153
Clients:
- Count: 4
+ 127.0.0.1: (account = xxxxxxxxx) (mobile = 0xB022 'Admin Black Heart')
+ 85.3.65.72: (account = erik) (mobile = 0xE 'Sefuxa')
+ 65.7.102.12: (account = witch) (mobile = 0xF 'Yak')
+ 67.5.195.143: (account = joshadams) (mobile = 0xCAAA 'Princess Alyse')

Exception:
   at Server.Items.PlayerLetter.GetProperties(ObjectPropertyList list)
   at Server.Item.get_PropertyList()
   at Server.Item.SendInfoTo(NetState state)
   at Server.Mobile.SetLocation(Point3D newLocation, Boolean isTeleport)
   at Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile.SetLocation(Point3D loc, Boolean isTeleport)
   at Server.Mobile.MoveToWorld(Point3D newLocation, Map map)
   at Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile.MoveToWorld(Point3D loc, Map map)
   at Server.Spells.Fourth.RecallSpell.Effect(Point3D loc, Map map, Boolean checkMulti)
   at Server.Spells.Fourth.RecallSpell.OnCast()
   at Server.Spells.CastTimer.OnTick()
   at Server.Timer.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

This crash happens everytime when a player get in a house, have two houses in this place, if you are near these houses, the shard will crash, I don`t have any reference that could help me on what is causing this crash. Please help me its really urgent, the shard is crashing everytime.

Phantom

Knight
Server.Items.PlayerLetter.GetProperties(ObjectPropertyList list)

Thats the source of your crash, you should debug your script to see where your null exepction is cause by.

We really need your script in order to help you.

darksky

Sorceror
Sorry but it was really urgent, the server was crashing every 5-10 minutes with players playing.

After a long time searching whas was causing this bug, it was the playerletter from a mail system when locked down in a house after changing the date of the server caused it, don`t know why but I did a global remove where playerletter and solved my problem for now, I need to know what caused it and probally find a way to fix it not in this forum, should be in script support, Ill try create the crash again debugging it.

Thanks anyway.

brandon948

Wanderer
This kinda crap still goes on over here at RunUO?

You all did a wonderful job of de-railing this post, including myself.

Kamron

Knight
Twlizer said:
My last post on this Thread. I dont belive you have ever Really Helped Anyone. You Point Them in a direction to get self help and that is ok. I have yet to see one line of code that you have posted to any user in the past weeksThat really made Me or them understand wtf you are talking about. Comments Like thereare many Examples of this In the distro's. Does that really help anyone? I am not a great coder wrighter but i figure out most of what i need on my own. I think alot of others do also. Its just your Snide Comments Make you Seem So well unlike in this community. I am sure you are a great assest to some but i havent seen anything you have done to actually help anyone lateley. Besides Just Pissing them off.
you read this post and ill delete my posts in a few minutes becasue i dont want to get into this lil pissing posting contest with you take care and dont respond to any of my post any more phantom.. ty in advance

Wanna know why Twlizer? Cause first off... you can't spell Twizzler correctly... second... you don't know how to open up your brain and use it... and third... its not YOUR problem if Phantom is trying to help people to become more independant. He doesn't help people, he helps people help themselves. That is more valuable. Now if you want to be ignorant and niave to how society works, then go back to the rock that you live under. Bye!

And to add to this... If you ever need help, screw you, I won't help you either. I hope others take a stance with me. Because as a matter of fact, I will link them to this thread in your future posts when you ask for help. Consider this your warning for causing trouble.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
2 thoughts...

1. Phantom you're still an asshole - you cannot come in here telling the guy his problem isnt important, then tell him *where* the problem he is having is.

Your response should have been:

Your problem appears to be in PlayerLetter - can you post the custom script you're running so that we can better assist?

There's no need for you to chastize people all the time. I've just learned to ignore you because only about 10% of the data in your posts is useful. Don't consider this a personal attack consider this what you've done to the other people.

Now my suggestion to fix your problem, stop with the attempt to teach people how to use this site, this forum and RunUO. Post ONLY the information pertaining to the problems.

2. Every single one of you that posted in this thread that were not on-topic or helping the guy are guilty of being assholes.

On to the original poster - please post your custom script so that someone can help you. I'm sorry you were met with such hostility.

Phantom

Knight
Ryan your right, I need to stop telling people what to do, and start doing what I need to do. I for awhile did that, but conversations like this lower my tolerence to this kind of discussion.

Its nice to have a swift kick in the ass, tell me where I stand in this community, and allow me to continue to help people and not tell them what they did wrong.

If it helps I apoligize for my actions in this thread, and others I am sure, and telling people what they should do will not happen in the future.

Kamron

Knight
I would like to add, that this (in my humble opinion) does not excuse twlizer (the misnamed twizzler?) from his attitude and behavior towards Phantom. Two wrongs do not make a right. I still stand on what I said in my post above because of his immaturity.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
XxSP1DERxX said:
I would like to add, that this (in my humble opinion) does not excuse twlizer (the misnamed twizzler?) from his attitude and behavior towards Phantom. Two wrongs do not make a right. I still stand on what I said in my post above because of his immaturity.

You are correct. Twizler did the same shit Phantom did.

Vorspire

Knight
Phantom is a great guy, but its a shame it took the almighty power to make him see the error of his ways, when people post about his attitude all the time :/

Phantom

Knight
Admin Vorspire said:
Phantom is a great guy, but its a shame it took the almighty power to make him see the error of his ways, when people post about his attitude all the time :/

Because Ryan's comments are the only one that I will listen to.

Because his comments are not emotional and are backed behind at least some respect for me. While the majority of the comments made by other people are backed behind pure HATE.

If somebody were to make comments, without hate at least once, I might actually listen to them. Of course once you have shown hate its hard for you to make me respect you.

* You as anyone

A_Li_N

Knight
Phantom reminds me of my roomate :)
Ever have a good friend that you just can't stand 90% of the time?

Anyway, post the offending script and we can help you.

darksky

Sorceror
You guys scared me after all these posts haha :eek:

I always try to be educated, I had no reason to use "!!! Urgent !!!" when posting without something really urgent, I was so confused with my brain burning when this was happening, because the shard had about 12 players online when crashed the first time, the crash is related to the playerletter, when the client load the letter, the server crash.

I tried many times do the crash again in a test shard, its a copy of the original shard, so I tried, tried, tried and tried without a crash, I can`t figure what caused this crash and it will probally happen again one day if nothing has changed in mail system.

This is the letter that caused so many crashes:

It was locked down in a house.

Editing, here is the code of this script:

Code:
using System;
using Server;
using Server.Gumps;
using Server.Network;
using Server.Menus;
using Server.Menus.Questions;
using Server.Mobiles;
using System.Collections;

namespace Server.Items 
{ 
   public class PlayerLetter : Item 
   { 
   	public string BodyText;
   	public Mobile m_From;
   	public Mobile m_To;
    public DateTime m_Time;
   	public bool m_Read;
   	public bool m_Replied;
   	[CommandProperty( AccessLevel.GameMaster )]
		public string Message
		{
			get
			{
				return BodyText;
			}

}

public PlayerLetter() : base(0xE35) 
      { 

Weight = 1.0;
      	 LootType = LootType.Blessed;
      	 Movable = true;
      	Hue=1150;
      Name="a sealed message";

}

public PlayerLetter( Serial serial ) : base( serial ) 
      { 

}
      public override void OnDoubleClick( Mobile from )
        { 
        	if(from == m_To||from==m_From)
        	{
        		from.SendGump( new LetterGump( from, BodyText, m_From, this ) );
        	m_Read=true;
        		this.Hue=1102;
        	this.Name=this.Name;
        	}

else
        		from.SendMessage("That letter is sealed! You may not open it!");

}

public override void GetProperties( ObjectPropertyList list )
		{
			base.GetProperties( list );
	string time = m_Time.ToString( "hh:mm tt, dd/MM/yyyy" );;
			list.Add( 1060658, "{0}\t{1}", "From",m_From.Name ); // Display from
			list.Add( 1060659, "{0}\t{1}", "To",m_To.Name ); // Display t
			list.Add( 1060660, "{0}\t{1}", "Sent",time ); // Display to
list.Add( 1060661, "{0}\t{1}", "Read", m_Read ); // Display to
list.Add( 1060662, "{0}\t{1}", "Replied",m_Replied ); // Display to

}
      public override void Serialize( GenericWriter writer ) 
      { 
         base.Serialize( writer ); 

writer.Write( (int) 1 ); 
      		writer.Write(m_Read);
      	writer.Write(m_Replied);
      	writer.Write(BodyText);
      	writer.Write(m_From);
      	writer.Write(m_To);
      	writer.Write(m_Time);

} 

public override void Deserialize( GenericReader reader ) 
      { 
         base.Deserialize( reader ); 
         int version = reader.ReadInt();
      	switch ( version )
			{
 case 1:
 				{
      		m_Read = reader.ReadBool();
      	m_Replied = reader.ReadBool();
      		goto case 0;
				}
				case 0: