RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Videos In-Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zmaan27

Wanderer
Videos In-Game

This may not be possible but I thought I would ask; If you could play videos in game. Like have a gump open up after they selected a video to play and it would show it. Not sure what the purpose would be but Im sure someone could find a use. Its a long shot but just wondering.
Thanks, Zmaan :)

The client can play videos... No idea how to play them in a gump.No idea how to refer to the video files. No idea how to let the server make the client play them in a gump. I'm not saying more. *lol*

Alis

Wanderer
Kamuflaro said:
The client can play videos... No idea how to play them in a gump.No idea how to refer to the video files. No idea how to let the server make the client play them in a gump. I'm not saying more. *lol*

When did the client support playin videos ?
The client doesn't play videos..

Phantom

Knight
Zmaan27 said:
So could that script be modified to be able to be played in game?

Its not a script.

Somebody already said it wasn't possible...why would anyone keep pressing the issue after hearing its not possible

Alis

Wanderer
Greystar said:
client does indeed play 2 videos right at the beginning in bik format. Also someone wrote a script that will allow for another starting video to be added if you so choose, but im not sure where its located at the moment.

I knew that some one would post something like this =) ehehe i dont mean the starter video i ment in game video is not possile or the starter video could be changed i know that.. =)

Alis

Wanderer
I know that I ment you cant put a video in game you could change the starter video.. but cant put it in game ..

TMSTKSBK

Lord
/me wants to come.

But why isn't it possible? Even if you need to use .NET code to pull a video off the HD?

Alternatively, couldn't it start the media player of choice and use that?

Quantos

Lord
*Thread Closed*

The purpose of this forum is for making RunUO closer to EA/OSI UO, or to request features that will make the administration easier/smoother.

If you want something like that you will have to script it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.