RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Viewable Distance

A

AlejandroX

Viewable Distance

Krrios,
We spoke of this before but i'll put it in writing:
For those using your client in 1600x1200 it would be nice if the server's viewable distance could be set (i think you said that it was stuck at 18).

krrios

Administrator
Yes, currently RunUO uses a fixed 18-tile viewable range. We may eventually support the client range customization macros.

Mike_McBrien

Wanderer
Is the 18 tile range going to be changeable?

Say for instance... A player walks into a "haunted forest" an emote syaing "A deep fog rolls in, it is getting hard to see..." and say i would like the range at 6. Would that be a possibility?

or..

Say I have a certain item that give special sight abilities to a character.. ie "the eagles amulet" that would give a player better sight range. or an item that would decrease range of sight.. say for instance a "iron helm" the would possibly reduce los to only a 60 degree view (thatd be really cool)

Also I am not sure if this would be client (i think it would be) but what would be the possiblity of slowly fading a character or items into the screen as the come into range? of course it may just cause to much cpu utilization in the client end.

A

AlejandroX

I think you're misunderstanding. All we're talking about is how close items and characters appear when you're walking around. The map is still there.