RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Virginia murders

Cerberus

Wanderer
Virginia murders

I just saw the news about the 20 kids that were shot in Virginia.. I really hope there is a god so the victims find a happier place and the murderer suffers for the rest of time.

What a tragedy, 20 parents sent their kids to school today not knowing it would be the last time they say them alive.

God bless the families and the victims.

PappaSmurf

Knight
Only 20 last I heard 32 were shot and killed on CNN News with more wounded......As horrible as it is that this happened it's another example of history repeating itself.

Cerberus

Wanderer
PappaSmurf;674656 said:
Only 20 last I heard 32 were shot and killed on CNN News with more wounded......As horrible as it is that this happened it's another example of history repeating itself.

Last time I looked the death toll was 20 .. Thanks for the update PappaSmurf . I just rechecked and times online is saying 31 now. Damned skynews never get anything right.

Even more tragedy for the school that had another shooting in January and has had a plague of bomb scares in recent weeks.

Apache787

Wanderer
I just thank that my brother decided to stay in his dorm today. Geez, I was shocked when I first heard about it.

I can only hope that there isn't any more dead than already stated. News 8 Austin stated it was a massacre at Virgina Tech with 32 reported deaths, and that was only 15 minutes ago from this post

mordero

Knight
Anti-Basic;674668 said:
33 according to BBC... god i need to change my news feed in ff back to CNN.

Thats what I was hearing too. 33 people killed (including the gunman) and 29 injured. :(

Puron1794

Wanderer
I don't see how they're blaming a game when the first shooting is believed to be a domestic dispute...couple fighting, RA tries to intervene, guy shoots his gf and the RA. They haven't conclusively linked the first shooting with the 2nd, buts it's pretty likely that it's the same guy.

Radwen

Wanderer
OMG! Its a Korean conspiracy!!!!1!11eleven!!one!!

Srsly, I hope there won't be too much racial bullshit following up this event -_-.

HellRazor

Knight
I really haven't heard a racial spin being put on it by anyone.

Anyone who just starts murdering innocent people randomly is an asshole no matter what race he is.

HellRazor

Knight
Puron1794;674824 said:
I don't see how they're blaming a game when the first shooting is believed to be a domestic dispute...couple fighting, RA tries to intervene, guy shoots his gf and the RA. They haven't conclusively linked the first shooting with the 2nd, buts it's pretty likely that it's the same guy.

It's because we live in a society where no one can be held responsible for their own actions. It's always something else that is to blame (rock music, video games, insert your favorite lame excuse here).

Why don't we ever hear about bad parenting as a possible source for idiots like this?

HellRazor

Knight
I guess he wasn't even produced by our society tho.

Latest is that he is a South Korean resident alien. One of the guns was used in both shootings.

Sad sad shit.

How in the world does a resident alien get guns?

Radwen

Wanderer
HellRazor;674852 said:
I really haven't heard a racial spin being put on it by anyone.

Anyone who just starts murdering innocent people randomly is an asshole no matter what race he is.
I just have this feeling that this could be used to build hatred vs the koreans and help towards putting pressure against north korea.
The more people hate korean in general, the less complaints the government will get if they decide to do anything against North Korea.

HellRazor

Knight
Radwen;674861 said:
I just have this feeling that this could be used to build hatred vs the koreans and help towards putting pressure against north korea.
The more people hate korean in general, the less complaints the government will get if they decide to do anything against North Korea.

Hmm. I don't know. There are always those who are blissfully ignorant, but I think most Americans make a clear distinction between democratic South Korea and communist North Korea. I could be wrong.

To say that this incident would have an impact on public perception of North Korea is a stretch I think.

I think most people will view it as yet another case of some psychotic emo student kid taking out his frustrations on his classmates with a gun.

Xenon

Wanderer
Well, I live in South Korea. And I know that if an American student were to make such an attack in a Korean school, there would be violent protest everywhere.
The South Korean president actually expressed concern - for a Korean student killed in the attack. No sympathetic gesture for any others caught in the attack.
Besides the point, it's things like this that make me most depressed. May the families of the attacks have peace in the upcoming times of difficulty.

WarAngel

Wanderer
HellRazor;674859 said:
I guess he wasn't even produced by our society tho.

Latest is that he is a South Korean resident alien. One of the guns was used in both shootings.

Sad sad shit.

How in the world does a resident alien get guns?

"Legal permanent resident aliens may purchase firearms in the state of Virginia. A resident alien must, however, provide additional identification to prove he or she is a resident of the state."

WarAngel

Wanderer
Xenon;674867 said:
Well, I live in South Korea. And I know that if an American student were to make such an attack in a Korean school, there would be violent protest everywhere.
The South Korean president actually expressed concern - for a Korean student killed in the attack. No sympathetic gesture for any others caught in the attack.
Besides the point, it's things like this that make me most depressed. May the families of the attacks have peace in the upcoming times of difficulty.

(Random side note: How do you keep posting when you are banned? I am so confused.)

Xenon

Wanderer
South Korean newspaper:
이 소식통은 "미국 당국이 발표한 범인(조승휘.Cho Seung Hui)의 신원을 파악한결과 초등학교때 이민한 미국 영주권자에 한국 국적 보유자로 파악되고 있다"고 말했다.
translation: Our informed sources say that American authorities revealed the criminal's (Cho seung hui) identity and that he emigrated to the US from korea in elementary school, holds US residency but retains korean citizenship.

Korea's move here, naturally, is to show that American culture brought him up. Of course they would.