RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Web Administration???

LightShade

Sorceror
Web Administration???

Just wondering if someone has ever written up a Web Admin for RunUO. I'm talking one that pretty much mimicks most of the functions in the built-in Admin. Anything like that out there?

I'm working on an AJAX-like Web Map Viewer right now and will want to add the functionality of player tracking at a later date...and perhaps much more...but I have not had the time to look into the RunUO scripts at this time to see if something is in place for this already or if a script would have to be written to handle it.

I have not really delved into the scripting language for RunUO yet, other than simple things, as my talent lies on the web-side, but if there is nothing out there and no one wants to code it, I guess I will have to figure it out at some point.

Anywho, is there a Web Administration script out there somewhere?:)

Phantom

Knight
LightShade said:
Just wondering if someone has ever written up a Web Admin for RunUO. I'm talking one that pretty much mimicks most of the functions in the built-in Admin. Anything like that out there?

I'm working on an AJAX-like Web Map Viewer right now and will want to add the functionality of player tracking at a later date...and perhaps much more...but I have not had the time to look into the RunUO scripts at this time to see if something is in place for this already or if a script would have to be written to handle it.

I have not really delved into the scripting language for RunUO yet, other than simple things, as my talent lies on the web-side, but if there is nothing out there and no one wants to code it, I guess I will have to figure it out at some point.

Anywho, is there a Web Administration script out there somewhere?:)

No

If you want you will have to script it yourself, please read the rules.

LightShade

Sorceror
Congrats!!!

As usual, I would like to thank you for being of no help. I'm not done there, though. I'd like to thank you for more than that...

I would like to thank you for, yet again, rudely being of no help. I can always count on you to contribute nothing useful or helpful in someone's search. Yes, I am just now beginning my search and don't know where to start. You could point me in the right direction, or at the very least be encouraging, but you always choose not to. I thank you for that. I thank you for allowing myself, and countless others, to fumble around in the dark for something when you could easily flip on the light switch as easily as you rudely reply with your "nothingness".

Thank You Phantom and if you ever need help in starting a search for knowledge, let me know. I will be more than happy to show you exactly where to start if I can, regardless of how many times you've spit on the many members of this board.

P.S.
This is the suggestions forum. :)
Web Administration = Suggestion if NULL

Rothhear

Sorceror
LightShade said:
As usual, I would like to thank you for being of no help. I'm not done there, though. I'd like to thank you for more than that...

I would like to thank you for, yet again, rudely being of no help. I can always count on you to contribute nothing useful or helpful in someone's search. Yes, I am just now beginning my search and don't know where to start. You could point me in the right direction, or at the very least be encouraging, but you always choose not to. I thank you for that. I thank you for allowing myself, and countless others, to fumble around in the dark for something when you could easily flip on the light switch as easily as you rudely reply with your "nothingness".

Thank You Phantom and if you ever need help in starting a search for knowledge, let me know. I will be more than happy to show you exactly where to start if I can, regardless of how many times you've spit on the many members of this board.

P.S.
This is the suggestions forum. :)
Web Administration = Suggestion if NULL

i Totaly Agree

Bmzx007

Wanderer
Ok, Calm down people, Time to look at the facts LOGICALLY, before running your mouths off even further.

This is the "Modification Suggestions" forum, this is where one can "Suggest Modifications to RunUO".

Lets break down his post, and see what it says.

He asks, if someone has made one already, Not a request, a valid question, although searching the forum could have given this answer.

Unrelated really, just a statement.

Now, to those of you who took part of his words, and twisted them to what you wanted, read it as a whole.

"but if there is nothing out there and no one wants to code it, I guess I will have to figure it out at some point."

He quite frankly states, that if it isnt there, HE will have to figure it out at some point. This isnt a request, so dont jump on it.

Anywho, is there a Web Administration script out there somewhere?

Stated in first Paragraph.

And anyway, This is the Suggestions forum, and a Web-Admin interface is quite a valid suggestion.

And if not, then what makes a valid suggestion, any different to a request? Suggestions really are requests, and if so, What is this forum for?

I have half a mind to report both Packer and Phantom for hijacking this thread, and attacking this guy for no reason. (Other than he didnt search)

Oh and Lightshade, It is an idea I've thought of myself, and will be doing very soon, however mine will not be publicly released for a few reasons. You can PM me though, and are welcome to discuss ideas with me, or ask me for help on how you might go about it.

this is what ive been saying for soo long.. people care more about you doing what they say then they do helping...

hence why i have so low popularity... beacuse people dont like my statements...

but it did seem like a valid topic to be here phantom and packer are bun holes who like to boss people around

Phantom

Knight

I know for a fact there is nothing you can teach me, wouldn't ask members of this forum for help, for the simple fact people dislike me. I would also like to add that I have NEVER attacked somebody on this forum. I have stated my views on somebody perhaps, but I have never attacked them like they have attacked me. So please go back to your hole, because nobody cares, what you asked DOES NOT EXIST SO SCRIPT IT.

1) I didn't say this post was in violation because its not.

2) If he asked for the script or asked for help, or anything really in this thread the answer would be no. This isn't a support forum, thus any question should not be posted here.

3) I was not rude, I told him if anyone has written one, they have not. I then told him to read the rules, because I didn't want him continue on the path of breaking the rules, just like I knew he would.

this is what ive been saying for soo long.. people care more about you doing what they say then they do helping...

hence why i have so low popularity... beacuse people dont like my statements...

but it did seem like a valid topic to be here phantom and packer are bun holes who like to boss people around

Please don't group me into a collection of users, the only thing I have done for 3 years is help people. The only people I will help are those that follow the rules, and since this isn't a support forum and requests are not allowed, I canont help the author of this post.

I would like to add the reason your disliked is the attitude you have towards everyone else.

I suggest everyone just forgets about this threads, and moves on, because its not worth your time.

Bmzx007

Wanderer
Report away. Proeblem is he asked if anyone wants to script this(request).

I did not see ONCE where he asked someone to script it, he made a statement. Lets read it again.

"but if there is nothing out there and no one wants to code it, I guess I will have to figure it out at some point"

Broken down it reads as, IF there isnt a web-admin script already made, AND nobody else has/wants to code it, HE will do it himself.

He didnt say, Someone do this for me, or I want this to be done. So get it into your dense (Yes Dense) head, that he didnt make a request.

And if you still think he did, Define for me exactly what the difference between a request and a suggestion is (Considering this is the suggestion forum, he suggested that if someone else didnt, he would).

Bmzx007

Wanderer
Call it what you will, I dont particuarly care, You were being dense, its as simple as that, if you cant distingush request from suggestion (Or even wrong forum posts) then you shouldnt be posting in this forum.

I dont see why someone would get all upset over this.
You are absolutely right, I cant see why anyone would get all upset over it, but you managed to poke your head in here, and moan with a few other people, digressing the post and labeling it as "breaking the rules" when it is not. Im not being upset.

I'm personally just trying to defend the poor guy thats being eaten alive, because YOU think that you have a right to decide what should and shouldnt be here (whether you are right or not).

Think about your own words before you post next time.

Bmzx007

Wanderer
Yup #3, I dont consider calling someone rude a personal attack. Its stating a behaviour, you need to learn not to be so PC and crying everytime someone states your behaviour.

Now I could understand if he'd called Phantom an asshole (Not calling you one Phantom), That would be a flame, but he didnt.

And you still havent managed to define to me the difference between a Request, and Suggestion. Although, Im sure you won't now you are no longer responding to this thread.

If you cant, Perhaps you need to not post in this forum until you do. Even better, Get a moderator to look over this thread and comment on what they think it is.

And thank you for finally stepping out of a thread you had no business intruding in like you did.

(And just to make you happy, seeing as you didnt care, I have reported you for harassing the member, and destroying what originally was a good post).

Phantom

Knight
Everyone just shut the hell up.

Its not important, and I am not in the mood to share how everyone who defend/attacked me is wrong.

I don't need either side, I can fight my own battles and defend myself, your all wrong for even making a big deal about something a member who most likely will NEVER be back said.

LightShade

Sorceror
Well...

Well, i've got a beginning version online for you to look at. Just wanted to show everyone in case they thought I was completely without a clue.

Again, thanks to Rothhear for the .cs file to write the XML. The freely given help was much appreciated. :)

http://personal.lightshade.net/test/map

**Note: I do not have my server updating the XML file that this reads off of, so the people won't be moving. I don't have enough people on my Test Server to make that interesting, heh.

well ima give you some words of advise 1. READ THE RULES IF YOUD DONT WANT TO GIT RUDE FEEDBACK.

2. Phantom was not rude, yeah i know sometimes he SEEMS rude but gotta think the rules prolly state somewhere abotu your post that he is being rude for as in you ask for a script thats a no no its in the rules thus he isnt going to say plz dont post that kinda stuff it isnt alllowed thanks ever so much,

PFFFt, he is going to say dont ask that read rules

Have people completely ignored LightShade's past couple posts, he's completely ignored all the bantering of this thread and has actually started work on the project like he said he would at the start. So no matter what you think he said at the start, hes actually made a start on the project so I think he at least deserves some respect, hes got mine!
Good start LightShade, keep it up! :D

Phantom

Knight
Deaths Advocate said:
well ima give you some words of advise 1. READ THE RULES IF YOUD DONT WANT TO GIT RUDE FEEDBACK.

2. Phantom was not rude, yeah i know sometimes he SEEMS rude but gotta think the rules prolly state somewhere abotu your post that he is being rude for as in you ask for a script thats a no no its in the rules thus he isnt going to say plz dont post that kinda stuff it isnt alllowed thanks ever so much,

PFFFt, he is going to say dont ask that read rules

I could be nice about it I suppose, I could write an entire post about it, but why should I be nice about it when a word like "no" gives the same sort of response.

I then can use 3 entire sentences towards a response that actually follows the rules.

DaLaw66

Sorceror
Bleh, web browser froze.
Anyways, Im not sure if this has been answered in this thread so far, but, I don't thing there is a web administration script ... so far.
Go ahead, I would like to use your script when its done :)

Pyro-Tech

Knight
i just saw the map files that shows player pos. and what not...it's kewl...do you plan to release it??

i think that's pretty kewl though...keep it up :)