RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What and where?

Kennyd

Sorceror
What and where?

Hm what IS Ultima SDK and Where can I get it?

Ah fuck I didn't realise it was only showing posts of the passed month, i'm sorry, I'll browse all the threads now from the beginning

Revan

Sorceror
Yeah, check out my tutorial for beginners :)

Like most people who know what it is say: If you don't know what it is you probably don't want it.

Kennyd

Sorceror
heh *feels ignorant*

I viewed your tutorial and still I have no idea what exactly the use of UO SDK is

stormwolff

Knight
It is a tool for programmers to help them in making programs for uo. If your not trying to make a tool for uo then you probably don't need to use it.

Kennyd

Sorceror
Lol well I'm trying to make a standalone client for UO
But I'm afraid I probably lack the experience
I know how to script in VBA and C# but myeah well...

stormwolff

Knight
Kennyd said:
Lol well I'm trying to make a standalone client for UO
But I'm afraid I probably lack the experience
I know how to script in VBA and C# but myeah well...

Standalone meaning you don't need to use the osi muls? You might be better off getting the source from something like the iris client and helping out over there rather than making your own.

Kennyd

Sorceror
Yes yes I didn't mean not using the muls actually but rather not using the current client.exe

And I'm not trying to make a l33t program it's more of a personal test project

edit: is the source of the Krioss client available somewhere?

stormwolff

Knight
Iris is an open source project so it would still help you to look at the source and see how they do it if you want to make your own.

Krrios is closed source.

Revan

Sorceror
and asking for source-code from apps is lame..
it's ok here and now but please remember that in the future :)

Ravatar said:
Besides, Krrios client is made in C# so it's not hard to view how it does most of what it does :D

Condoning the decompilation of RunUO, KUOC, or Razor is grounds for immediate action taken against you.

Revan

Sorceror
stormwolff said:
It is a tool for programmers to help them in making programs for uo. If your not trying to make a tool for uo then you probably don't need to use it.

I need to point out though, that the Ultima SDK is what got me started for real in any type of serious programming. I saw all the neat things I could so easily do with it and got one heck of an interest in it and learned until I finally even picked a line on a school devoted to mainly C# programming :)

stormwolff

Knight
Revan said:
I need to point out though, that the Ultima SDK is what got me started for real in any type of serious programming. I saw all the neat things I could so easily do with it and got one heck of an interest in it and learned until I finally even picked a line on a school devoted to mainly C# programming :)

Sounds great and good luck

My comment was aimed at the general runuo viewing audience. Most of them do not need to know what it is. From seeing your posting habits, you are already far ahead of the targeted audience I was trying to inform.