RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats the Strongest OSI non Champ Creature?

Deimos

Page
Define "strongest"? Max hit points? max damage out put?
Also, it depends on the era, to, Mondains legacy brought in some tough critters.

tass23

Page
deeRC said:
I was thinking the Dark Father.
DF would be considered a champ creature basically, he's the Doom Gauntlet champ.
Greater Dragons are pretty strong, but I think you'll need to be a bit more specific. "Strongest" could mean a lot of things really. Strongest to solo, strongest with one or more people, strongest by damage output, strongest by hit points, strongest to tame, etc.
It depends a lot on the players too, some players can't solo an AW or a Balron, so some might consider those to be the toughest, yet I've seen people soloing those monsters before, I've done it myself.

Iraq-

Sorceror
If you're not including the dark father, then next up is an Impaler. DP/Mortal, Massive Resists, huge hit points. It's only downfall is lack of fire resists, and it's slayer vulnerability.

tass23

Page
You can't really include anything in Doom, they are more like champs or mini-champs. I'm not sure that's what deeRC is asking about really. I mean if you're going to include the mobs in Doom, you might as well include all the Peerless as well.

Iraq-

Sorceror
Ah peerless, yeah those too... Lady Mel...

More clarification would help :D

I think the most versatile tamable is the cu sidhe.

no an ancient wyrm would definitely kick a balron's ass, i'd love to see a phoenix in action but its very weak in comparison

tass23

Page
Well, that depends on if it's tamed or not. On my shard, you can tame AW's and tamed, they are of course weaker than they are wild.

Well, that depends on if it's tamed or not. On my shard, you can tame AW's and tamed, they are of course weaker than they are wild.
no it doesnt depend, you cant tame a balron or a phoenix. pre-EA days a bug allowed AW to be tamed while it was polymorphed. but who cares why are we even talking about taming

say a murderer-red bard came along and wanted to provoke the strongest npc against ____, which one would that be: AW, then probably a tamed AW, then a balron!

pre-EA days??? WTF are you talking about!? EA has always owned UO.

"Not Uh" EA bought Ultima Online from Origin originally, long time ago before even there was item stats.. In the time when items were "Surprisingly accurate" or "Vanquishing", then they added follower slots and utterly ruptured the entire game into a chinese farmer franchise.. and ancient wyrms and any other non-boss completely lost their fearfulness

OH MY GAAAWD

While that may be true, they never began developing it until Origin stepped down.. then we had the T2a era and the subsequent cascade EA-based publishes. Maybe it was chief developer who stepped down and was replaced, not origin, and thats my confusion

tass23

Page
We're getting way off topic with this.
EA did what EA has always done when they takeover a company, they rework everything from the inside out so they can screw it up.
That goes for the entire development crew, which is also why there have been so many drastic changes to the game over the years, because EA can't keep people, at least for UO.
Dev teams lasted usually between 6-12 months, at best. McDonalds has less of a turnover rate.

Now, to get things back on topic-
An extremely close second to an AW, and depending on if you were a tamer or not it could be first, is the Skeletal Dragon. Triple damage against certain pets can really cause a lot of trouble for hunters with pets. Once those pets were gone, you were pretty much toast because of the firebreath. AW's could fairly easily be solo'd with a Cu or a Hiryu, but neither was easily melee'd.