RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where to download SVN core exe files

wchen18

Sorceror
Where to download SVN core exe files

Just a poor ideas where to download the latest svn .exe files. Wish there is the lists include all svn release note and its download linkings. I don't like compile scripts by myself. ^_^

Alari

Wanderer
Unfortunately the SVN is only the source. For the EXE you have to compile it yourself or wait until they release an update.

With Tortoise SVN get http:// svn.runuo.com/repos/runuo/devel/ (remove space between // and svn, forum was freaking out with whole URL for some reason)

Or with Command-line SVN do: svn checkout http:// svn.runuo.com/repos/runuo/devel/ (again, remove extra space if you're copying this)

To compile, get microsoft visual c# 2005 express for free. Make a new project - console application. In Solution Explorer on the right, expand the +'s and delete AssemblyInfo.cs and Program.cs. (Default files) Drag the "server" folder from the stuff SVN downloaded into the Solution Explorer. If it doesn't work right, (no + next to Server after it's finished adding) delete and add it again.

Almost done, just set Properties: Right click on ConsoleApplication1 and choose Properties, or go to Project menu and then Properties at the bottom. Change ConsoleApplication1 to RunUO, change the Startup Object to Server.Core, the Icon to Server\runuo.ico, and on the build tab on the left check the box that says Allow Unsafe Code. Save and choose Build -> Build Solution, it should compile OK.

Copy the EXE and PDB (found in My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\RunUO\RunUO\bin\Release) to the appropriate location (same as your Data and Scripts, remember to include the other DLLs that RunUO needs (zlib) - get them from the previous RunUO 2.0 release, or the updated zlib32.dll from Mark's personal stash.

It's against the wishes of the RunUO developers to distribute the EXE files, understandable since someone could easily put a virus or something in there and ruin the reputation of RunUO.. imagine if THAT was how RunUO made it into the news... =( Anyway I will be glad to walk you through compiling it if you're having trouble.