RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which file determines mining/fishing/ect success rates?

Alcsaar

Sorceror
Can anyone point me in the direction of the file which has the equations for success rates of gathering skills?

For example it would determine whether you succeed or fail at mining, ect.

It doesn't seem to be located inside of the respectful mining.cs, fishing.cs or lumberjacking.cs files.

pooka01

Sorceror
you can make a check like: if the skill.ID == 1 (taming i think), then you * 0.5 to make it slower to he gc, or such thing.
or going in the core and changing the gain factors.

Alcsaar

Sorceror
That....has nothing to do with what I want to do.

I'm looking for the equations that determine whether or not a player succesfully fishes, or mines, or lumberjacks.

Not if they succesfully GAIN skill.

pooka01

Sorceror
sorry if i misunderstood your initial question, i thought you meant the equations for success rates of gathering skills? ie: gaining skills.
for what you want to achieve: (Can anyone point me in the direction)
have you checked Scripts\Engines\Harvest folder?
or Scripts\Engines\Harvest\Core\HarvestSystem.cs?

Hammerhand

Knight
From Mining.cs
Code:
new HarvestResource( 99.0, 59.0, 139.0, 1007080, typeof( ValoriteOre ),
From HarvestSystem.cs
Code:
if ( skillBase >= resource.ReqSkill && from.CheckSkill( def.Skill, resource.MinSkill, resource.MaxSkill ) )

99.0 = Skill, 59.0 = MinSkill, 139.0 = MaxSkill

Alcsaar

Sorceror
From Mining.cs
Code:
new HarvestResource( 99.0, 59.0, 139.0, 1007080, typeof( ValoriteOre ),
From HarvestSystem.cs
Code:
if ( skillBase >= resource.ReqSkill && from.CheckSkill( def.Skill, resource.MinSkill, resource.MaxSkill ) )

99.0 = Skill, 59.0 = MinSkill, 139.0 = MaxSkill

Right, theres something similar in fishing.cs, but those aren't equations. They're just values.

zerodowned

Sorceror
Right, theres something similar in fishing.cs, but those aren't equations. They're just values.

Hammerhand is right, if you look in Harvest/Core/HarvestSystem starting line 145

Code:
double skillBase = from.Skills[def.Skill].Base;           
double skillValue = from.Skills[def.Skill].Value;           
Type type = null;           

If I remember correctly, it's the MinSkill determines at what point the player can actually mine in spot that has the ore, though they won't get any of the [valorite] ore until skill 99 and won't max out their chance to get the ore until 139

So if you want to change the chance that a player can successfully mine Valorite, change the 99 to something different but no lower than the minskill 59.

daat99

Staff member
The MinSkill determines if you have a chance to get the ore.
The MaxSkill determines when you stop having a chance to increase the skill (skillcheck.cs) and not your chance of getting the ore itself.
I need to see the complete table to remember what actually effect the chances to mine each ore (if it's in that table that is).