RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

who likes or dislikes ..... and why

S

soundwav

who likes or dislikes ..... and why

realtime rpgs with a underline turnbase system. im not talking about those turnbased systems where you have to wait on others to get done so you can go. i like realtime but with a turnbased system under it cause it brings everyone to the same playing field no matter how fast of a computer you have you can only do so much at one time. speed hacking is pointless on a system like that. i think neverwinter nights was a step in the right direction but high end graphics doesnt make the game fun id like to see more games using a realtime turnbased system but with lower end graphics like uo. just my thoughts tho

billy6guns

Wanderer
i like the real time-turn based...but i really dont think it would be as enjoyable on a game such as uo even though it would even out a lot of playing fields.

(getting off topic now)
of course i did see you on the development shard...your slow

playing on dev shard and running your own at the same time?

Zippy

Razor Creator
Turn based games rock.

The best strategy game of all time was XCom: Ufo Defense (XCom Enemy Unknown in europe)

I still play it... if only I could find a sound emulator for nt/xp that would do sound correctly on NTFS.

S

soundwav

billy6guns said:
of course i did see you on the development shard...your slow

playing on dev shard and running your own at the same time?
nope i run a web server and a ftp server and uo at the same time and sometimes i do run a runUO server too but not when i get on the test. takes alot out of my cpu to run all of that and i also have a few other programs running at the same time (all the time)

Anti-Gremlin

Wanderer
Zippy said:
The best strategy game of all time was XCom: Ufo Defense (XCom Enemy Unknown in europe)

I still play it... if only I could find a sound emulator for nt/xp that would do sound correctly on NTFS.

Hell yeah... best strat game ever!

i used to play that for hours on end.. it was worse than my uo addiction! (if anyone actually knows me, you understand how bad my uo addiction was :D)

Hunter

Sorceror
Zippy said:
Turn based games rock.

I played a game for some years ago called UFO, I dunno if it is the same as you played but aliens attacked the earth and you sent out a force to first bomb them so they crashed, if they survived you had to send an army to take em' out. Is it the same game? :)

S

Seth

Hunter, yeah it's pretty much the same but i think UFO : Terror from the deep, was the second edition of the game.

D

DSimmon

I'm with Zippy, I have both X-Com UFO and TFTD. I love those games along with Fallout (1 and 2). Although fallout was realtime, until you got into combat, then it went turn based. UO and EQ are the only realtime RPG's i play. But I'm not online that much.....so the oldies get dusted off and spun up to keep the CD drive working right ;)