RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Who List

Orbit Storm

Sorceror
[Who List

You know.. they say curiosity killed the cat...

I was wondering, if it's possible to remain hidden on [who list from any staffers beneath your rank?

From what I've experienced first hand.. GM's can still see Seers on with [who.. even if they're hidden.

Although, from all the years I've staffed, I've never known that a GM can find anyone of higher rank without the use XML or some other means.. any way to beat it?

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
[who should not list anyone above the level of the person that used the command. Although as long as you know the name of the mobile. Although anyone that uses the Xanthos Utilities (required for a lot of his script packages.) There is a command called [findmobs $name$ and it's GM access. That can be used by GM and up to find anyone, no matter what access they are. So if you have this package I would probably change that command to Admin too. But as for the [who command, it should already work for how you want it.

Orbit Storm

Sorceror
Ah, as it turns out.. XML is quite a security issue. A staffer can utilize XML to do anything they so choose to another staffer, regardless of rank, except for altering their access level.

They can change their name, hue, body value.. essentially anything in [props.

They're also able to go to any staffer's location, or pull that staffer to them.. they're even able to [jail or [kick them.

To say that restricting the usage of XML to Admin or higher is a good idea, is to ensure a server's downfall. Simply put, I think there needs to be some sort of modification to the XML system, to prevent usage of such commands. Sure, they're great for using them on mobiles that AREN'T staff members, but still..

This was all merely a rhetorical question, as I wasn't certain if there was some sort of work around. I've heard rumor, that XML is able to permit staffers to change their OWN access level; if so, that means XML is a much bigger security hazard than open ports or any trojan virus. >.<