RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why cant others join server?

Jonlas

Wanderer
Why cant others join server?

I have set up a server... my friend tries to connect VIA hamachi, but he cant :/

What port does he need to use? 2593?

Also does the server IP has to be my hamachi IP?
Because now it is the default 127.0.0.1

Hamachi connects us on to a LAN network via internet, so basically
we are in LAN and he cant connect my LAN server...

Help aprreciated.

Fixxxer

Sorceror
Jonlas;809006 said:
I have set up a server... my friend tries to connect VIA hamachi, but he cant :/

What port does he need to use? 2593?

Also does the server IP has to be my hamachi IP?
Because now it is the default 127.0.0.1

Hamachi connects us on to a LAN network via internet, so basically
we are in LAN and he cant connect my LAN server...

Help aprreciated.

You need to set up your serverlist.cs to your IP Address, I was going to put in the code for my serverlist but I'm on the wrong computer. Anyways the serverlist.cs is pretty simple to figure out cause it tells you where to put your ip address.

To find your IP Address you can use Open Port Check Tool. This will tell you your IP Address and when your server is running put in the port number which by default is 2593 and if your online then it will show success.

I just got to thinking and I believe the new serverlist.cs will automatically find your IP address, so all you would have to do is find your ip address and sent it to your friends to connect.

Jonlas

Wanderer
still not working

Fixxxer;809035 said:
You need to set up your serverlist.cs to your IP Address, I was going to put in the code for my serverlist but I'm on the wrong computer. Anyways the serverlist.cs is pretty simple to figure out cause it tells you where to put your ip address.

To find your IP Address you can use Open Port Check Tool. This will tell you your IP Address and when your server is running put in the port number which by default is 2593 and if your online then it will show success.

I just got to thinking and I believe the new serverlist.cs will automatically find your IP address, so all you would have to do is find your ip address and sent it to your friends to connect.

Im running linux so i dont have openport tool. And why does it show that server is listening to 127.0.0.1 even i modify the serverlist.cs and add my ip to there?

Fixxxer

Sorceror
I dont know anything about Linux so I can't help you there, but the server will always listen to 127.0.0.1, but if you changed the serverlist.cs and put in your IP Address then it will work.

If your router or modem is blocking these ports or something along those lines you should check those out as well.

Sexy-Vampire

Sorceror
ig you use a router port forward uo to use the port and set your severlist to your real ip not the "127.00.1" this is the DEFALT FOR THE OWNER TO USE