RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why I don't ban Phantom.

Lister

Wanderer
I usen't to like Phantom much...after the first time I met him on IRC. I was asking for help...Phantom tried to help, what he said didn't work (because I was using the 3d client...which I didn't realise would be a problem). After looking at it from Phantom's point of view though, I realised he wasn't an asshole like I first thought. He pretty damn talented...and helps other alot too. He does skip to the point though...but there's nothing wrong with that.

pridith

Wanderer
Well I have not posted much on the forums but when I did ask for some things that I had tryed to do and I have to say that Phantom did help me with as much help as I offered to have help with. Meaning the more I was willing to help myself the more help I got from him. So I am saying that Phantom should stay reguardless but if he wishes to leave should be his choice but not someone elses

Ravatar

Knight
Okay so this is why i don't like phantom. One day my friend calls me and tells me about this new program called runuo that lets you play uo, but like you dont have to pay for it and you have cool powers like banning and changing the colors of items in the game. So i download the program and start it up and find some awesome leetz0r stuff like nude patches and bootleg faction systems, but like then my server broke and phantom wouldnt fix it for me. I hate that guy.

In all seriousness, I didn't always see eye to eye with phantom, but I do respect him as a very important member of this community and realize now that maybe his "no tolerance for ungrateful newbies" isn't as bad as I once thought. Phantom teaches you one of the most important lessons you'll ever have as a member of the community, and that is self-reliance. And once you get to know him a little, he's an alright guy ;)

B

bean-head

I hate hiim with a passion more than i hate those irritating things around the milk caps, you know the ones. but still

ive noticed 2 things about him, either he doesnt help you at all or.... he helps you so much that your problem is solved instantaniously(fun words in posts ) and i still cant believe that he managed to get over 21k in posts i mean holy crap

jakar

Wanderer
Ryan said:
If someone hates phantom its because of one of these reasons:

1. They are lazy.
2. They are incompetent.
3. They are downright jackasses.

Phantom gives people answers, he just doesnt do their shit for them... in short if you dont like him suck it up and get over yourself first and you will find Phantom to be a very helpful person.

A truly ignorant answer.

tenderheart

Wanderer
to phatom

i rember a long time ago you and me had a spat and you finly assered by saying you would not post at any of my treads and you havent yes at times i disgree on how you deaL with some things BUT IF WE ALLWAYS AGREED THEN WE ALL BE THE SAME if we are all the same then life would SUCK but i did it once allrdy made a pub apolgy here is a nother case i have found you now what to do in a bind and i would like to get to know you as well all i know is you live in florda and your have HELL right now one bad storm after a nother but if any things helps us build a frend ship i am 24 im a new shard owner and host trying to learn to script free hand becase i dount under stand the tuterols im a hands on person and thats only way i learn i dount clame to be bad all the time but i am not 10% of what i sould be at times but i live in missouri i am a smal town guy and wish to try to fix old problems at that so can we be frends?????????????/ :p

jakar

Wanderer
sidsid said:
Basically what I see jakar doing with this post is placing his penis right inside the meat grinder and daring Ryan to turn the handle.

I would put it as calling it as I see it without hindrance due to fear of repercussion, but I understand how it could be interpreted as you put it.

psz

Administrator
I would call it not bothering to read Ryan's post. You say it is ignorant, yet you do not say which parts and/or why. Thus your apparent reasoning is flawed.

You give no information to back up your claim that Ryan's post was ignorant, nor did you in any way even give your "side" of the discussion at hand.

All in all, you've made an utterly useless post. It contains no relevant information, no reason to your comment, or any basis for discussion.

In other words: Your post was quite ignorant.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
jakar said:
A truly ignorant answer.
I find it quite funny that someone who has no intellect what-so-ever has the audacity to call me ignorant.

Tell me again.. what have you programmed for this community?

Do yourself, your family and us a favor... shoot yourself.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Please notice, I left "friends" out because I am sure you dont have any.

jakar

Wanderer
Ryan said:
I find it quite funny that someone who has no intellect what-so-ever has the audacity to call me ignorant.

Tell me again.. what have you programmed for this community?

Do yourself, your family and us a favor... shoot yourself.
I didn't

Nothing

No

jakar

Wanderer
psz said:
I would call it not bothering to read Ryan's post. You say it is ignorant, yet you do not say which parts and/or why. Thus your apparent reasoning is flawed.

You give no information to back up your claim that Ryan's post was ignorant, nor did you in any way even give your "side" of the discussion at hand.

All in all, you've made an utterly useless post. It contains no relevant information, no reason to your comment, or any basis for discussion.

In other words: Your post was quite ignorant.
I don't believe my reasoning was flawed, I just made no attempt to explain my response. If you would like to know what I was responding to, it is that he categorized anyone who hates Phantom into one of those three categories. It is a blatent case of stereotyping and prejudice, and I consider that to be ignorant.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
jakar said:
I don't believe my reasoning was flawed, I just made no attempt to explain my response. If you would like to know what I was responding to, it is that he categorized anyone who hates Phantom into one of those three categories. It is a blatent case of stereotyping and prejudice, and I consider that to be ignorant.
Well I just didnt take the time to actually explain that there are a few people out there that are the exception to that, however I dont need to, because anyone who doesnt know this already fits into the category of incompetent, which therefore proves, yet again... I am right.

cward

Wanderer
jakar said:
Unless you know him in real life theres few reasons left. Except maybe "You read his post and don't like him" Which would place you in the left out 4th category of immature. To dislike someone you have never met or gotten a chance to know is immature. If you dislike him due to his replies to you, you did not understand or did not like his answer. If he was rude its usually because there was laziness involved or the person became defensive due to not understanding the answer. What is your reason?

*edit* I think immaturity would most likely fall into the jackass category. If you don't have a valid reason that would make you a jackass.