RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

windows 7 home premium/uo/razor problems?

tolaok nor

Wanderer
windows 7 home premium/uo/razor problems?

Are there any issues with these three. i get stuck on verifying page when logging in. i had some other issues to but they ar resolved....

An ideas?

wlrdwawoolard

Sorceror
uo what patch you using there is patch standards to each shard. if its to high then you can play that shard if its to low you crash or get kicked

tolaok nor

Wanderer
allright, think it's ok now...patch was at 4.0.0. I'm patching now. Thanks for your help, i'll let you know how it turns out.

tolaok nor

Wanderer
i downloaded the age of shawdows uo client 6.0.1.10 (patch 72)

Now i go to login and it goes through the verifying and goes to not able to authenticate, etc., etc. before that an error comes up that says "No client memcopy" as the headline and "warning: Could not copy packet lenghts and/or encryption information from the client. Razor may be able to run without this information, though some features may not function correctly. Would you like to start razor anyway? Possible cause: Your client version may not be compatible with this version of razor."

when i click patch client encryption this error goes away, however it stays on verifying until i close the program.

tolaok nor

Wanderer
i have tried t a few times now reinstalling both uo clients and razor. seems there are a few others who are experiencing the same problem.

tolaok nor

Wanderer
The download that comes off our server's website comes as an install and play type download. We do not need to patch it. n
anyway I have tried downloading other versions and patching, and nothing.
The razor download from runuo and our client version work perfectly on my other machine which has windows vista. My new machine has windows 7 home premium.

This is the error i am currently getting:

"No client memcopy" as the headline and "warning: Could not copy packet lenghts and/or encryption information from the client. Razor may be able to run without this information, though some features may not function correctly. Would you like to start razor anyway? Possible cause: Your client version may not be compatible with this version of razor."

I never got that error message on my old machine so thats why im thinking there are compatability issues with windows 7, which is why i posted this thread9to find out if any are out there)

Nozgo1

Sorceror
I have windows 7 and have not had any issues with it so far. Maybe check that you have ran it as admin?

tolaok nor

Wanderer
I ran it as administrater and same thing but a new box came up saying a new version of razor is available. would you lie to be directed to the razor website to download this?
unfortunantly i closed it and ran razor again as administrator but it didnt show up again.
i think thats on the right track though.

this is where i downloaded razor http://www.runuo.com/razor/download.php. Now it saysd this is an older version. Where do you get the newer version?

Nozgo1

Sorceror
I would uninstall the version of razor you have, then install the one you just d/l'd and set that to always run as admin. Mayhaps that will give you the auto-update.

tolaok nor

Wanderer
Right, i'll have to try that. Now however, i just transferred teh client and razor i have on my old machine(that I know work) and i get the same "memcopy" error. so there is definitely something wrong

incidently, anyone know what this means:

Unhandled Exception
System.ArgumentException: The output char buffer is too small to contain the decoded characters, encoding 'Unicode (UTF-8)' fallback 'System.Text.DecoderReplacementFallback'.
Parameter name: chars
at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow()
at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow(DecoderNLS decoder, Boolean nothingDecoded)
at System.Text.UTF8Encoding.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, DecoderNLS baseDecoder)
at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, Boolean flush)
at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex, Boolean flush)
at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex)
at System.IO.BinaryReader.InternalReadOneChar()
at System.IO.BinaryReader.Read()
at System.IO.BinaryReader.PeekChar()
at Ultima.StringList..ctor(String language)
at Assistant.Language.LoadCliLoc()
at Assistant.Engine.Main(String[] Args

got this after i uninstalled net framework 1.1(just found out it comes standard on windows 7 os) and opened razor as admin

Nozgo1

Sorceror
Did you just copy the exe. of razor from your old puter, or the old razor program and reinstall it? Either way, did you uninstall the version you had on the new puter? If not, your just running the same razor that gave you the error before.

tolaok nor

Wanderer
right...no i uninstalled everything and copied the entire folders over.
anyway,i kamron's helped me out a lot and now im further than i was. i still get stuck on verifiying but i think its a firewall issue....all the errors are gone.

wondorks 7 and mondains with Razor

tolaok nor;838290 said:
Are there any issues with these three. i get stuck on verifying page when logging in. i had some other issues to but they ar resolved....

An ideas?

windorks 7 has major issues with mondains 4 and razor, i dont know why but it likes to make screen " flashes " and freeze, also sometimes uo just quits with razor altogether with windows 7, i been noticing most of these problems is with like dells and HP that do not have a Microsoft Blue windows 7 install but use their own version restore disks. i do not know how to fix this, i have changes settings and everything else. all the other shards the use more up to date versions of Uo i dont have trouble with.

Grognak

Wanderer
I am having the same issue with Windows 7 Ultimate, has anyone figured out a fix?

I figured it out. Windows 7 has some weird permissions on the Program Files folder that prevent razor from working correctly. Install UO and Razor to the C root (NOT program files), and it works.