RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Work-around to make RunUO accept commands from the GM: prompt

Kamron

Knight
Jakob is right, and Zippy was most likley not paying attention to the code he wrote (since he wanted to shut all of you up).

If you look at the core, the message type handling is done before the DoSpeech is called, therefore Zippy's code would not work.

V

Vilanne

Some of my players went to OSI and got the latest patch, then couldn't use the [chat command (Thank you Knives, we love your system)... and staff that patched wasn't able to pull up either, because the GM thing came up, too.

One of the players came up with an immediate work around. Type a space before you hit the [ and it'll recognize without issue.

We haven't had to modify anything more than our typing.

Greystar

Wanderer
Vilanne said:
Some of my players went to OSI and got the latest patch, then couldn't use the [chat command (Thank you Knives, we love your system)... and staff that patched wasn't able to pull up either, because the GM thing came up, too.

One of the players came up with an immediate work around. Type a space before you hit the [ and it'll recognize without issue.

We haven't had to modify anything more than our typing.

yah but this was posted cause some people didnt like havint to have to add a " " ie Space before the [. Personally I did this mod, but for the most part I dont ask for much help. If I cant fix it right away Ill come up with it eventually, but I also use more then one prefix so fixing it didnt really matter to me. I just dont like when things get broke when its not my fault

Kamron

Knight
Similarly to Greystar, I use multiple prefixes as well. I use . = [ and / and the primary prefix is . so when [ didn't work, I could care less. However it wasn't that difficult to fix either.

psz

Administrator
Just a note, according to player responses, the latest patch (4.0.11b) fixes the [ issue.

Viago

Knight
well my workaround all i did was edit the prefix for commands to { and in pandorasbox i edited the options file to that too. and it works. only prob is players sometimes forget its { or dotn know its { or you forget when you go to another shard. lol