RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Working on UO Auto Patcher

floppydisc said:
Chris, I would recommend that you specialize the patch algorithm to mul files. A specialized patching algorithm works in any case better than a generic patching algorithm. Most mul files have the same structure or are at least documented. If you need any help, please let me know. (Also let me know which programming language you use to write the program - maybe I already have what you could be looking for.)

I agree with you floppy that it would be more effecient and end up with even smaller patch sizes, however it may be harder for people to use because you have to deal with each specific file if there are differences, another problem with doing so is it becomes troublesome to patch new files when you start looking at new formats however perhaps we can mix the current method I use with a more specific method to get the best of both worlds... I would consider doing it though if I had some help in BETA 3 (I am already finished with the new algorithm for BETA 2 and would like to release the product in a couple weeks).

Feel free to contact me anytime on AIM or ICQ

Thanks

Chris The Avatar

ssalter

Account Terminated
Looks very nice! One question, are the icons on the left going to be configurable for the user. IE: can a user go to a config screen and "un-check" ones they don't want to see on their default screen? Personally, I'd never go to EA games or launch UOGateway once I started using this excellent looking utility.....or, at least, I'd put them on the bottom of the list.

Also, any ballpark date on when beta 2 will be ready? Thanks for all your work on this....I think this will be an excellent thing to have. I'm redoing all my custom graphics so I can build UOPatch patches and supply them to my players when everything is ready.

ssalter said:
Looks very nice! One question, are the icons on the left going to be configurable for the user. IE: can a user go to a config screen and "un-check" ones they don't want to see on their default screen? Personally, I'd never go to EA games or launch UOGateway once I started using this excellent looking utility.....or, at least, I'd put them on the bottom of the list.

Also, any ballpark date on when beta 2 will be ready? Thanks for all your work on this....I think this will be an excellent thing to have. I'm redoing all my custom graphics so I can build UOPatch patches and supply them to my players when everything is ready.

Your idea of removing them should be pretty ez to do. I will put that in the config window as an option. The only reason why I would want to keep EA's there is so that people can patch to latest patch if need be.

As for when BETA 2 should be ready... I am really trying hard for a couple weeks from now. There is still a lot that needs testing and done yet + a few minor features I would like to add. So 2 - 3 weeks I would count on. I know its been a month and I said that it would take 4 or 5 weeks but I am running a little behind :) just do to lack of time... we will get there though.

Thank you for all your support. I am very happy so far with BETA 2. It will be a big release :)

Chris The Avatar

BETA 2 Released

Hi,

I just wanted to let everyone know BETA 2 was released earlier today. Please report any bugs in the UOPatch forum on our site. You can read more about it there.

Thanks

Chris The Avatar

Ray

Sorceror
No, unfortunatly it has been dropped to create another one. Afaik, Chris was searching for a successor, but didn't find one. :(