RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would like some advice...

Would like some advice...

I'm interested in making custom hues for my shard. I know how to do it, that part at least is not an issue, but if anyone could offer some advice on how to make natural "realistic" looking hues and not these off the wall blinding bright as crap hues I'd be much obliged.

I did a search and didn't find any tips on how to do it, like brighter colors on one side, darker on the other... I've made a few playing around and in all honesty, they look like absolute crap, my attempt at copper ended up looking like an orange sherbert pushup pop... heh. I want some metallic hues, as close to silver, gold and copper as I can get though I know exact matches aren't possible, as close as I can would be great. Thanks in advance.

*smile*

KillerBeeZ

Knight
UOLadyClaudia said:
I'm interested in making custom hues for my shard. I know how to do it, that part at least is not an issue, but if anyone could offer some advice on how to make natural "realistic" looking hues and not these off the wall blinding bright as crap hues I'd be much obliged.

I did a search and didn't find any tips on how to do it, like brighter colors on one side, darker on the other... I've made a few playing around and in all honesty, they look like absolute crap, my attempt at copper ended up looking like an orange sherbert pushup pop... heh. I want some metallic hues, as close to silver, gold and copper as I can get though I know exact matches aren't possible, as close as I can would be great. Thanks in advance.

*smile*

the best thing I can tell ya is to look at a few hues that are already there that you like to see how they did it.