RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would this even be possible even if it would take along time?

Admin Drizzt

Wanderer
Would this even be possible even if it would take along time?

Could i make a modern day shard with guns etc? or is that way to out there i can script and im having trouble with graphics would i just have to change all the art? and everything??? it would be something new and i think would attarct players... any help? Thanks

Admin Drizzt said:
Could i make a modern day shard with guns etc? or is that way to out there i can script and im having trouble with graphics would i just have to change all the art? and everything??? it would be something new and i think would attarct players... any help? Thanks
its been done before...lots of client side mods tho. I've seen a space age themed one before.

Torinas

Sorceror
You'd have to have the graphic for the item ingame (both for the character window and for when its being held/in inventory/on ground), and the actual animations for the player models IE the gun being held in hand and stuff coming out of it. You'd need to have a script for it in RunUO as well.

Calimaw

Wanderer
Im working on something similar, only just starting. You'd probably have to do as I am going to which is modify the core for adding new skills, and removing all the other junk you dont need (save for final release, it's best to keep it to reffer to).

Im not sure how all the graphics work, thats my next task, but items have the Doll Prop, which is on the character, and then I believe they have 8 tiles (up,north,right,east,down,south,left,west) for the actual weapon on screen.

After Im able to modify the core and add a new skill Im going to try and figure out how to do the graphics, and then create a new Base from BaseRanged called BaseFirearms, in the addition to that; new abilities, one ability will take stamina and cause you to reload your weapon, and possibley a 'zoom' for sniper weapons ect.

First things first tho (follow along with this, it will help ya, just reffer to your "Scripts" in the RunUO folder), I need to modify the core to add a new skill called SMGRating (not sure how to do this yet, havent downloaded core at this moment, will update you if Im successful), and in SkillGump.cs I have to add a skill group called "Firearms Proficiencies" which I will put SMGRating in as well as any others I make later. Then, following tradition since SMGRating is a combat skill I will set it to be excluded from the SkillCheck.cs by setting it to false, this way you can gain like any other combat weapon.

And with that I create a new base called BaseSMG from say the BaseRanged.cs

Atleast I think this is how it will be done, its one thing to say it than to do it :p