RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WTF Man?

danbrooks2k

Wanderer
WTF Man?

I am a little lost, I have the net framework, run uo, ultima online, but absolutley no instructions and even the newbie proof essay isnt newbie proof? I eventually muttled my way through everything and got logged in with a character and the world was basically empty.... Is it supposed to be blank? Is there anywhere I can get a world file similar to SPHERE? Or am I doing something wrong... I have searched the forums for a good step by step but found zilch...

Funny when I wasnt interested in emu's that much this site had tons of info and scripts, now that I wanna try it out the site looks all new and empty and shit...LOL...

Anyhow I heard that RunUO was the best emu around and I just need to know how to get it running for my own personal use just to fuck around with offline... thanks everyone, I have played a few runuo shards and I think its one hell of an emulator.

Quantos

Lord
Your new shard should have decorations and NPC Vendors in it, as well as signs and doors, however monster spawns are not included. There are a few premade world packages available, but I don't recomend them, most of them are flawed. You are better off hand spawning your world to get the look and feel that you want.

You should read the documentation inside the Docs directory inside your RunUO directory. It will tell you the names of critters to be put in spawners as well as all of the commands available to run your new world.

The command prefix for RunUO is [ by default. It can however be changed if you are using a european keyboard.

This site is also going through a renovation, the scripts will be re-added over time by the original authors.

danbrooks2k

Wanderer
Thanks,

Actually I am a web designer ( self taught ) but running frontpage 2002, and swish 2.0 for flash movies is alot different than figguring out an emu...

I will mess around with sphere since they have pre made worlds, and get back to run uo when the site gets going full speed, I just dont want to build a whole shard just for putzing around.

Quantos

Lord
Then only spawn the areas that you want spawned. And if you look now, the Scripts Submission area is being repopulated.