RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xavi foward porting??

BladeDancer

Wanderer
Xavi foward porting??

Okay i have an Xavi X7721r+ and i dont know how to forward port so i can get other people on my shard. anyone know how to do this?

Hi Blade...You should be able to bring up your Router settings by doing this :
In your Browser type in 192.168.1.1 *This is a router default setting* click go
It'll bring up a window to sign in
admin is name
admin is password *or should be*
sign in....
This will bring up your Router settings...Go to link that Avente sent you...Read that...It'll tell you what to do from there....He sent you the page for that type Router you have....

Hope that helps you some...Good luck

BladeDancer

Wanderer
dreamcatcher... ive tried that at least 20 times now... i beleive thats for linksys only. also when im editing my scripts... like i was just trying to change the stat cap, and it will not let me change or delete anything in my scripts... i am using winrar.. could this be a problem?

BladeDancer

Wanderer
it says i should be able to just enter my ip through my internet browser... but ive tried that... i dunno ima ask my dad if he has found the manual yet

No that ip setting is default for X7721r+ what browser you using?...On portforward.com for that router it says to log on to Internet explorer or Netscape to open it up....

Oh and make sure your not behind a firewall....This could also be a reason why players can't get on your shard....My windows firewall was stopping players from getting on mine...You can find out thru your "Control panel" go to "Windows Firewall"....

BladeDancer

Wanderer
hey do you have email like msn or something? i have MANY questions to ask you... its hard trying to make a shard when your only 12 :(

Nope sorry..I hate msg'er *always blinking* ...Lol post your questions here and I'm sure we'll be able to help you with them.....

And having a shard is alot of work...May just want to play on a shard for now and just learn as you go...If you are using uogateway go to their forums on setting up a shard....it'll tells you on their FAQ page on how to set it up....

BladeDancer

Wanderer
Okay here goes

Main Problem: forward posting
I cannot figure this out no matter what i do!!:mad:

I gone COMPLETELY through the uogateway FAQ page and much much more. i have done from google searches to asking my neighbor.

Another problem i am having is moding my scripts. i was trying to set it so i have no reagents and it would even let me type in the scripts and change the writing.

Another problem is putting scripts into my shard to use them. I have not asked anyone how to do this. Since your smart at all this (not sarcastic) dreamcatcher them i was hoping you could answer this one too.

First of all: You shouldn´t double-post on the same topic ;)

BladeDancer said:
like i was just trying to change the stat cap, and it will not let me change or delete anything in my scripts... i am using winrar.. could this be a problem?

erm... you have to extract the archive at your HDD. Then you can edit/delete scripts. Within the RAR-archive this isn´t possible at all.

Before spending time on port forwarding, try to run your server and connect local. Post if your server works correct and you can connect on it :)

Greets
Redskull

I agree with Red...I wouldn't worry to much about getting players on your shard as of yet...Play around setting things up as you want and then worry about getting players in there...As far as Scripts :
Go to RunUO Folder
Open up Script Folder
Make New Folder called Custom
You put in your Custom Scripts there

This is for Drag and Drop Scripts and Follow directions on other scripts that aren't Drag and Drop.

Then Restart Server

Then you go into world and then just do [add and whatever you added....

You can find script by putting in name or just a few letters and it'll bring it up by doing [add *name* or *few letters*

You find your Runuo Folder by doing the following:
Right Click on My Computer
Open
Right Click on c:
Open
Go to Program Files
Find RunUO
Open
Find Scripts Folder

BladeDancer

Wanderer
i figured it out... i think... well here is exactly how i got the server. I was talking to this guy on msn and he sent it to (runuo and my server) me over there then i extracted the files.

I have also still not been able to add scripts to my shard.

Freya

Wanderer
Like DreamCatcher said, in the RunUO 1.0.0 folder that you recieved there should be a series of folders, One of them should be named "Scripts"... this is where you put scripts for your shard.

BladeDancer

Wanderer
okay i figured out the whole scripts thing so that is not a problem anymore. I just tried to get someone to connect on local and it STILL doesnt work. Does this mean anything to anybody??? I really wanna get this up but it just doesn't seem to like me.

Freya

Wanderer
Make sure all your firewalls are set up to allow connections, best I can suggest is to call the router company and have them walk you through allowing opened ports and such.... =/ If none of the steps listed here have helped... =/

viront

Sorceror
try seraching this forum for the updated serverlist.cs, that will automatically get your internal and external IP. Was someone trying to connect within you LAN or from somewhere eelse? If they are trying to connect inside your network you need them to enter the internal IP not your WAN address.

Hope this helps!

BladeDancer

Wanderer
Well, everything i beleive SHOULD have worked... but my router (so i've been told) is not configured and i can not access my router settings/port forwarding. I get this means i'll have to either go to hosting (wish i didn't) or just give up. I would hate to give up considering i worked at least 3-4 months trying to get this up. Well, thanks for all your help everyone.