RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xijou Ennui, a man who knows you're killing him and wishes you'd stop.

Octillicus

Wanderer
Xijou Ennui, a man who knows you're killing him and wishes you'd stop.

Hola,

Now, let me just start this by mentioning that I used to be a scripter of some talent for Sphereserver a number of years back, and boy did emulation get sophisticated on me. Actually, I'm taking a brief respite from Anarchy Online and I got a little, eh-heh, nostalgic for my Old UO days, and as I don't particularly want to fork out the outrageous sums EA is demanding to run little cartoon men around of crappy fire horses I decided to check this out.

I'm impressed to say the least. Sphere is to RunUO as stickle-bricks are to quantum physics.

So, I've hit the newbie rock-bottom again, my first NPC submission. A little guy I whipped up called "Xijou Ennui" He's got mad rhymes and bustin' cool mooves and he's ALL about the bling-bling. Actually, that's a lie, he's just aware that he's being constantly killed and resurrected. And he doesn't like that one bit.

Zip features:
Xijou Prime: The 'Boss Mob' that eventually spawns after you've killed off his less sarcastic incarnations. Drops a full set of Alpha & Omega armour (It's not actually called that in game, cool name all the same) That's not particularly powerful, but is in tune with his personality. Also his personal bow which may or may not be powerful (I've been out the game quite a while, things like seperate resistances confuse me and force me to go lie down for a few hours).
Xijou's Tertius and Secondus: The two "lesser forms" of Xijou that drop a sword and a staff, also again. May be good/bad. I DON'T KNOW, DOWNLOAD IT AND TELL ME.

Also, Killing Seconddus spawns tertius, killing secondus spawns Primus, and killing primus spawns secondus again. That's not how I really wanted it to be, but I still haven't managed to get a random function working so that you have to kill a lot of Secondus/tertius to spawn primus... Well, I'm babbling.

huge thanks to whoever wrote that Hellboy script, I pretty much learnt how to do that talkin' thing off of that. And whoever wrote the Khalundun scripts, 'cause I stole your OnDeath -> Spawn new mob part. Apologies.

Feedback is appreciated, and leavers will be sent chocolate.

Attachments

• Xijou.zip
    10.3 KB · Views: 169
S

SkyMonkey

interesting...

FYI after you realise that you dont have to script 'fixes' for RUO like you did with sphere scripting cool stuff starts to come naturally ;)

iZJokersWild

Wanderer
Nice script. And I think was a good combo of items as well. Brings some bonus and some pen's as well. I did Sphere for a while too, my biggest complaint was the easy it was to screw with the server. Of course, I did Sphere a few years ago, so not sure how it is now, but RunUO was good from the start I think.