RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

XML spawner question

Corbomite

Wanderer
XML spawner question

I have built a large quest using XMLspawners. They rock! But I have an issue with the triggering level. For testing purposes, I set triggering to admin so I can run through the tests, but they revert to player after several hours. With 50+ spawners in this quest, resetting them gets a bit frustrating.

s there a way to set these spawners so triggering stays at admin until manually set back to player? Or am I doing something silly as usual?

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Corbomite said:
I have built a large quest using XMLspawners. They rock! But I have an issue with the triggering level. For testing purposes, I set triggering to admin so I can run through the tests, but they revert to player after several hours. With 50+ spawners in this quest, resetting them gets a bit frustrating.

s there a way to set these spawners so triggering stays at admin until manually set back to player? Or am I doing something silly as usual?
triggeraccesslevel should remain set at whatever staff level you select until you do a server restart.
For testing on that scale I would recommend using the staffcloak to change your accesslevel to player instead of changing the spawner triggering accesslevel to staff.

Corbomite

Wanderer
Ummm. This is the new join forum where even obvious questions are treated kindly I hope. Cause I cannot seem to be able to find a "staffcloak". Is this an addon script?

Also wondering if the XML spawners can be configured to rez a tamed pet? The RESURRECT[,range] reads like it only applies to players.

Thanks

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Corbomite said:
Ummm. This is the new join forum where even obvious questions are treated kindly I hope. Cause I cannot seem to be able to find a "staffcloak". Is this an addon script?

Also wondering if the XML spawners can be configured to rez a tamed pet? The RESURRECT[,range] reads like it only applies to players.

Thanks
The StaffCloak can be found in the support .zip in the xmlspawner2 package.

Yep, you are right about RESURRECT, it only does players. Good thing to add to the todo list. I'll add a pet option.

Corbomite

Wanderer
I mean I know about GMcloaks, but didn't know there was a cloak that would make a staff member appear as a player to a spawner....

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Corbomite said:
I mean I know about GMcloaks, but didn't know there was a cloak that would make a staff member appear as a player to a spawner....
It is a custom scripted cloak that I added to the package.