RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

XML Spawner Questions

Corbomite

Wanderer
XML Spawner Questions

I have 2 questions on using these spawners. The first relates to WAITUNTIL. I have the following simple spawner setup:

1 SENDMSG/...
2 WAITUNTIL,0.5
3 SENDMSG/...

I have Min/Max delay set to 0,
Refract Min/Max to 15Min,
Group True,
Sequential defaults to 1 regardless of what I set it to,
Prox triggered to 5.

What happens is the first message executes but the second message is not displayed ever. If I delete the subgroups, both messages spawn, but there is no 30 second delay. Anyone know what I am doing wrong here?

The second question tries to use the skill trigger to punish a thief for stealing where they shouldn't be. I have a spawner set in a chest that spawns a stealable dagger: dagger/movable/false/STEALABLE/true. That seems to work fine.

I then set a second spawner next to the chest with prox triggered to 4. I set the skill trigger to Stealing. To test it I set it to spawn on ogre when triggered. But the ogre does not spawn when I try to steal the dagger. I set the object trigger to the spawner itself to enable the prox trigger. Is that my problem or am I using the skill trigger incorrectly? I also have the Min/max delay set to 0, and Refract Min/Max to 15M. Could that be the problem, making it impossible for the prox and stealing conditions to both be true on spawner check?

ArteGordon

Wanderer
I'll check out the WAITUNTIL issue.

As far as triggering on stealing

I set the object trigger to the spawner itself to enable the prox trigger.

You shouldnt need to do that. Just set proximityrange and skilltriggering. If that doesnt do it, then check the string you are using for enabling the skill triggering. Note that the skillname is case sensitive, so you need to refer to it as Stealing

(edit)

I think that some of the flow keyword behavior got broken in 2.77 when I added in some of the additional sequential spawning features like restrict kills, and clear on advance. I'm working on it.

Corbomite

Wanderer
Thanks Arte. I still am having trouble with the Stealing trigger. Here is what I have set to keep things simple:

Min/Max Delay = 0 sec
Refract Min/Max = 0 sec
ProximityRange = 8
SkillTrigger = Stealing (Shows as "Stealing" in Props Menu)

All other props are default. The only entry is:

ogre Maxcount=1

And I get no response from the spawner on stealing attempts. I am using my Admin to test wearing the staff cloak. Am I missing something?

Also is there a way to have a spawner dismount a player? I noticed the Mounted prop is read-only....

The only thing that rocks more than these spawners is your help. Thanks again.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Corbomite said:
Thanks Arte. I still am having trouble with the Stealing trigger. Here is what I have set to keep things simple:

Min/Max Delay = 0 sec
Refract Min/Max = 0 sec
ProximityRange = 8
SkillTrigger = Stealing (Shows as "Stealing" in Props Menu)

All other props are default. The only entry is:

ogre Maxcount=1

And I get no response from the spawner on stealing attempts. I am using my Admin to test wearing the staff cloak. Am I missing something?

Also is there a way to have a spawner dismount a player? I noticed the Mounted prop is read-only....

The only thing that rocks more than these spawners is your help. Thanks again.

That should work as long as you are trying to steal something that is actually stealable. You dont have to be successful, but if you get the "you cant steal that" message then it wont trigger.
double check to make sure that you went through installation step 5 that is required for skill triggering.

Also, the latest version (2.82) should fix the problem that you were having with WAITUNTIL.