RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

XMLSpawner - Final Step?

Makaar

Sorceror
XMLSpawner - Final Step?

I've had a great deal of answers well...answered over the last day or so. I really appreciate all the help from everyone!

So far I've started a shard, got everything going but the spawn. I downloaded XMLSpawner2, but am confused with the directions...

"Make a folder called Spawns in the main RunUO installation directory (where your server.exe is) and place the .xml files in there. Then make a folder named XmlQuestNPC in the main RunUO installation directory and place the .npc files there."

First of all, when I open the XMLSpawner zips, all I see is .cs files?? Where are these .npc files? I was starting to assume everything that starts with XML was an xml file, but that pretty much suggests that 98% of the contents are that...

I created two folders "SPAWNS" and "XMLQUESTNPC" under the RunUO> folder's main directory. Something has been mentioned over and over again by various people about creating a "CUSTOM" folder in my directory somewhere? Any help? I'll pretty much be sailing from this point on...at least I hope so...

Thanks again for all your help everyone...I'm picking up on all this slowly but surely.

Makaar

Sorceror
Already did, and didn't see anything for it. The problem with forums like these, is they are mainly geared towards people with knowhow in the field or area. People like me are generally confused by most easier things... :)

As I've said before, I hardly know anything about programming or stuff like that...I DO know how to use the forum search feature though, and haven't come to hardly any conclusions for any questions I've had regarding newbie stuff...anything to do with fixing a computer or troubleshooting certain hardware issues I'm decent in.

I suppose I could sign up over there and ask, but I just assumed a lot of people here used it, and I'm already signed up with RunUO...oh, and the people here are very helpful!

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Makaar said:
I've had a great deal of answers well...answered over the last day or so. I really appreciate all the help from everyone!

So far I've started a shard, got everything going but the spawn. I downloaded XMLSpawner2, but am confused with the directions...

"Make a folder called Spawns in the main RunUO installation directory (where your server.exe is) and place the .xml files in there. Then make a folder named XmlQuestNPC in the main RunUO installation directory and place the .npc files there."

First of all, when I open the XMLSpawner zips, all I see is .cs files?? Where are these .npc files? I was starting to assume everything that starts with XML was an xml file, but that pretty much suggests that 98% of the contents are that...

I created two folders "SPAWNS" and "XMLQUESTNPC" under the RunUO> folder's main directory. Something has been mentioned over and over again by various people about creating a "CUSTOM" folder in my directory somewhere? Any help? I'll pretty much be sailing from this point on...at least I hope so...

Thanks again for all your help everyone...I'm picking up on all this slowly but surely.

that step applies to the optional xmlextras zip file.
You will find the optional .xml and .npc files in there.

The xmlspawner2-xmlextras.zip is completely optional containing .xml file examples of some of the spawner capabilities as well as other spawn files. Make a folder called Spawns in the main RunUO installation directory (where your server.exe is) and place the .xml files in there. Then make a folder named XmlQuestNPC in the main RunUO installation directory and place the .npc files there.
Test them out by using the [xmlload command on the example .xml files. Most of these will load up in Green Acres. You can also use the [xmlloadhere command to force them to load at your current location.

I would recommend adding those folders anyway if you plan on adding xmlspawner stuff since it will use those by default if they are available.

The Customs folder is just a convention that people use for adding custom scripts.
The only real requirement is that the folder exist somewhere below the main Scripts folder.
All .cs files in the Scripts directory and all subdirectories will be compiled when you start the server.
So you can just open the Scripts folder, make a folder named Custom, and add your custom scripts into it.
Once they are below the Scripts directory, the naming and organization of those folders is completely up to you. Call them whatever you like.