RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xmlspawner

RobertaQueen

Wanderer
Hi I am very new to runuo a Ultima fan since the very beginning of Ultima ,I have mad my shard and have installed Xmlspawner ,the question is how do I get into the game as a GM and spawn my world so far I have created a account with a charectar,and the shard is stable so how do I run my spawner ,lol I have some commands but they don't work with the account I created to test my shard ,am I doing something rong , I am realy trying I suffer from DID and this is very challenging at most but to be able to create a working world fully spawned and being my own boss, "GM" thi sis my dream to be able to create my world of Ultima online , the beginning yah would that not be cool lord british in his castle drunk on old rum from pirates yah imagine that lol oh yah love it ty Runuo team an friends Roberta :)

Dian

Sorceror
Okay.. Well first off, when you first ran your server you should have been prompted on the RunUO console to create an account. That is the Owner (Admin/GM) account for you to log in with, and has full 'power'. Use this account for your 'GM ' character.

Once in game with your Owner character you can create. The XML Spawner has a variety of commands you can use for handling and creating spawners. You can add them one by one by using the command [add xmlspawner and target the ground where you want the spawner. It will place a little gray crystal that is only visible to GM (staff type) characters. Double click that crystal and you will get a gump display where you can now enter in a creature or item to spawn. Click on the 'Properties' button for more functions to provide the spawning details.

Search this forum for XML spawner archive or something along those lines, and you should find a .zip file of a massive collection of html files of documentation on how to really use this spawner to its potential.

If you are after a quick full world spawn, search and download neruns distro. You can then follow some directions with XML spawner to import them to your world. I have mixed feelings about this approach because I find that some areas are okay, and others are just way overkill and much of the areas will need reduced or adjusted to your liking.

You will really need to do some reading and learning on how to use this spawner because there is just way too much to it to explain in one post here. But with the neruns files, once you get to understand xml spawner, you would simply use a command like [xmlimport trammel.map or something of that sort. (that is not accurate, just for the idea of how easy importing a spawn file can be.

Once you have spawners in game and you want/need to locate one, you can use a handy gump/display tool by using a command [xmlfind This will display every spawner crystal in game, and allow you to easily edit them or go to one, etc..

This should get you going at least, being you do have the XML spawner installed to your server. Thats about the more difficult thing, and you said you have that accomplished :)

Hope that helps a little bit, and gets you going again. Good luck, and feel free to post any troubles you have along the way. Time is limited for me, but I do try to get on here from time to time to help out someone.

Dian

Sorceror
If you have trouble finding that xml spawner archive let me know, I can post it again here for you. It is essential for learning this spawner. It in itself is as much to learn as RunUO somewhat.

Good luck with your world!