RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yet another housing issue

technobabble

Wanderer
We've been playing UO again for at least a few weeks now, thanks to this community, and it's been a blast. I have been playing a game that I used to play with people I haven't seen in like 12 or 13 years, I can't thank you guys enough. So there's that.

I installed RunUO on a server in my rack here at home and over the course of about a week I worked my way through all the typical n00b issues like mismatched versions, etc. We loaded up Nerun's scripts via SVN, works great, big thanks to Nerun! We found a 6.0.14.1 (If I remember correctly) version somewhere and that's the version we set up our server on. Everyone installed that version of the client and we went about our merry way for a few weeks. Everything was good. None of us cheat so it took us quite a while to gather enough money to buy a guild, and then eventually a house.

Right away we saw issues with housing. A quick look at the forum showed that this was a fairly common issue. I believe it was on the 50th something page in a Nerun thread (that I can't seem to find right now) that said we needed to be 7.0.9.0 plus. And to edit the mapdefinitions.cs to make sure they had the right true/false settings.

I know that most people in forum based communities want users to be up-to-date before addressing issues that people have, because a lot of times a simple update fixes the vast majority of problems. So that's what I set out to do. From my understanding 7.0.23 is the newest version that's supported, so that's what I downloaded. I installed the client on my computer here, and SFTP'd into the server and uploaded only the files that were different to the server. I did that to save time and bandwidth, etc. I verified that the mapdefinitions.cs file was set correctly and all that.

All that and the housing issues persist. For me the issues are different than what I've seen explained before. It's not falling through the stairs or having a missing sign post. For me it's like an invisible wall that runs south of the house for as long as I care to keep walking. If I try to walk around the house, I just hit a wall. I can walk around the West, North, and East, but not South. The update has also causes a few of the earlier seen map issues with people getting stuck that we saw when we had mismatched versions way back at the start. But we all have 7.0.23 now.

My questions are this: Should I have completely removed the old versions and started over on the server from scratch at 7.0.23? And if so, since none of us cheated to get where we are, how do I back up our characters? I'm not seeing much info on the forums in that area. Is there anything I might have missed as far as a setting goes?

Thank you guys again for all the hard work it took to getting this fantastic project up and running.