RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yet another newbie around =8Þ Just saying hi and fishing for some help?

Shadefox

Wanderer
Yet another newbie around =8Þ Just saying hi and fishing for some help?

Here we go,
Just installed RunUO and played around a bit. (Im a total C#, scripting in general newbie btw)
After a few hits and misses, I now have a total reinstall of RunUo, Neuro's Distro, and pandoras box. World is spawned (custom and by using neuro's great script)
so I covered most of the basics, and learnt how to use them. (A big thank you to the developers of said programs, I love em all! :) )

ANd over to the tricky part. Excuse me for not searching for all I wanna know, reason I might ask questions already posted, has to do with my ISP and a highly unstable connection these days =/ so only way I get to read the answers is by having mail notification on :(

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I got a full up to date version of UO:SE, but RunUo wont let me go to Tokuno, how can I fix this? (Im assuming they changed some map/mul files? allthough I have no clue what the files does =8Þ )

With the said installation, is there any common bugs I'd wanna sort out firstly?
(again, I cant script, yet =) )

I got a few computers set up for hosting this project of mine (not actually a real project yet, just started all by myself 4 days ago =) and Im trying to find a way to split serverload (facets) between the comps. i.e Trammel running on two comps, fell 2, dungeons/malas/tokuno 1 comp. (or other way around, no biggie)
Doable or Waste of time?

Again, Thanks for helping out, and since I cant acsess the www for the coming 6-7 days or so, pls reply with answer (if you got one) and no links, since mail is the only thing I can read during this time (and I'm so excited right now, I cant wait) hehe.

oh well, Soz for the long post, gotta go , catch ya all later! :D

sirens song

Wanderer
search for tokuno map. Its been answered a million times, (no offense)
as far as dividing serverload, its not impossible, but highly unlikely you could accomplish it unless your the Runuo creator. (and had the source).

JasonW

Wanderer
I think with the way RunUO is set up anyhow, you don't need seperate servers like OSI uses....unless you have a LOT of players/npc's/items ect.....which in 99.9% of shards cases, you won't ever get.

I'm pretty sure RunUO can handle *atleast* 2k connected clients fine. (Was there ever a stress test to see what RunUO can handle? )

Dracolique

Sorceror
I dont remember the name of the shard now, it was a LOOONNNG time ago, but it claimed to 1500+ users on at any given time.

There was a huge debate over whether they were really players, or whether the guy had way too much time on his hands, and had simply created thousands of highly convincing NPC's to run around on his shard and fool people into thinking he had that many players.

I never decided which theory to believe.

Quantos

Lord
Yes, it was 1500+. You don't need to farm it out. Unless you get really huge you just won't see any benefit. RunUO is tremendously powerful. I have tried stress testing it with over 300,000 mobiles and over 500,000 items. My quad xeon started to cough before RunUO did.

SE support is included in the next release of RunUO, that will be RC1, and it is due out in a few days I understand.

In the next release the core will actually support server farming, but again, you won't notice a difference until the shard gets absolutely huge. And you will not save any bandwidth by doing that.

<edit>BTW- welcome to RunUO, I hope you have fun with it. You should also read through the FAQ forum. It is a very valuable resource.</edit>

Quantos

Lord
Dracolique said:
I dont remember the name of the shard now, it was a LOOONNNG time ago, but it claimed to 1500+ users on at any given time.

There was a huge debate over whether they were really players, or whether the guy had way too much time on his hands, and had simply created thousands of highly convincing NPC's to run around on his shard and fool people into thinking he had that many players.

I never decided which theory to believe.

That was UOGamers, they were all players, I know, I was there.